Cockroaches in the kitchen?!? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Cockroaches in the kitchen?!?

I am not sure this is the right place to ask about that but... Yesterday I noticed a cockroach in my kitchen. I am worried about having more in my house. Could someone recommend me the best cockroach and insect killer, because I used a spray that does not seem to give any results. Thanks in advance...

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-04-2011, 04:23 AM

I'm by far not certified, but from what I understand, the eggs are the worst thing that you have to worry about because they are the hardest thing to kill. I think something like one of those insecticide bombs would be the best thing because it can get into all of the hard to reach places. Let me know if that works.
post #3 of Old 08-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Seems like nobody else wants to help you :( I hope your able to get everything taken care of!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM

Hi Cheryl, I have had a lot of luck with Raid Ant and Roach Killer in the dark pink can. Living in the city pretty much all my life, except for the past 10 years, eventually a roach or 2 will come in from a neighbors house. I would spray the Raid around the base of the kitchen floor and afterwards I wouldn't see another roach for about six months, until one decided to travel back over from a neighbors. I haven't needed to use it since I left the city, but it used to work extremely well. Here's a link to the product.
http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CJoBEPMCMAk#

www.tidybizcleaning.com
www.tidybizcleaningblog.com
post #5 of Old 08-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Tidy Biz,

what if they are already in the house. Do you know how well the bombs would work, or have you only used the stuff in those cans?
post #6 of Old 08-15-2011, 04:59 AM

The Raid Roach killer works perfectly. I strongly recommend it! Kills them instantly whether they live in the house or are entering it from the outside. Just spray the entrance door, windows and they will never dare to enter the house again. I do it every summer once a month...

Best regards, Silvia Smith!
post #7 of Old 08-15-2011, 07:53 AM

I agree with SilviaS. Raid Roach Killer is perfect for such a job

post #8 of Old 08-15-2011, 03:16 PM

Snellexperts...yes the spray I recommended does work once they are inside. I never had to use bombs, I just used the Ant and Roach spray. When they would come in it would only be in the kitchen. All I would do is spray around the base of the kitchen floor and that was it. I would do it about 2-3 nights in a row and no more roaches until they got brave and deared to venture back 6 or 7 months later.

www.tidybizcleaning.com
post #9 of Old 08-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Get a Pest Control guy to come around then you could exchange business cards with him - he refer jobs to you and vice versa.
post #10 of Old 08-19-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidyBiz View Post
Snellexperts...yes the spray I recommended does work once they are inside. I never had to use bombs, I just used the Ant and Roach spray. When they would come in it would only be in the kitchen. All I would do is spray around the base of the kitchen floor and that was it. I would do it about 2-3 nights in a row and no more roaches until they got brave and deared to venture back 6 or 7 months later.

www.tidybizcleaning.com
Good to know. I started the spray a few nights ago, and so far it seems to be doing the trick!
post #11 of Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Wink

Great...I'm glad it worked. They can be a nuisance if they get out of hand.

www.tidybizcleaning.com
post #12 of Old 08-22-2011, 05:21 PM

Yeah, that they can. Now if only I can figure out a way to get rid of these pesky sugar ants. Every surface in the house is spotless and yet, they still come in. Talked with parents the other day, and they are having the same issue.
post #13 of Old 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snellexperts View Post
Yeah, that they can. Now if only I can figure out a way to get rid of these pesky sugar ants. Every surface in the house is spotless and yet, they still come in. Talked with parents the other day, and they are having the same issue.
Snellexperts, Yeah, Ants are beast! I would rather fight roaches than ants. We have a problem with ants around Spring. I don't know if it has to do with all the rain plus the change in the temperature or what, but it's for about 3 - 6 weeks. They are the reigning champs! I have yet to beat them. I just deal with them until they disappear. We have tried spraying the entry areas to keep them out and we also use those ant traps. Nothing works.
post #14 of Old 08-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Yeah we are in the south here and ants are a problem pretty much all spring and summer. your lucky if you only have to deal with them for 3-6 weeks lol. If they are sugar ants, there is a product called Terro that works wonders. I'm not familiar with treating other ants forms though :(
post #15 of Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 PM

This seems to be one of the only active threads left on this site, but are there any admins anywhere to deal with all of suzon's posts? I understand spam, but OMG that is ridiculous!
post #16 of Old 08-29-2011, 08:40 PM

You know, I'm not sure what type of ants they are, but they must be related to the stubborn breed.

I agree that something needs to be done about the spam. It's really getting out of hand.
post #17 of Old 08-31-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidyBiz View Post
You know, I'm not sure what type of ants they are, but they must be related to the stubborn breed.

I agree that something needs to be done about the spam. It's really getting out of hand.
I think all ants are of the stubborn breed. best we can do is fight them in the summer and then they go away in the winter lol.

and yes it is getting out of hand, but most websites like this are spam infested. I havent been able to find any good forums yet :( If you know of any please pass them this way.
post #18 of Old 09-01-2011, 12:55 AM

I called a professional pest control agency.They used a herbal -totally non toxic white paste and applied it in small portions over the house in some strategic areas.They charge around 500 Rs for a 3 bedroom house.I did not shift anything from the kitchen.This comes with a 6 month guarantee.!
post #19 of Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 PM

We have had to deal with ants too. I sprayed some cleaner the other day and killed the visible ones. A few minutes later after returning to the kitchen I saw a LONG trail of even more, triple what I had just seen. In a desparate attempt to save my boxed food and stuff I just started tossing cinnamon up in the air all over the cabinets, shelves, top of the refrigerator and counters. I sprinkled and sprinkled and sprinled...and guess what that cinnamon is still stilling on my cabinets and counters..LOOLOLOL havent seen the ants since. *shrugs* i didn't know what else to do lol
post #20 of Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM

Cinnamon gets rid of ants?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode