few questions? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-19-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

few questions?

I was thinking of branching out and trying hoods. I do some fleet stuff now. I was wondering if it was worth my time? What do you guys charge to do a hood system? Do you have to be certified? Is the cert. hard? How often do resturants have to get it done? what type of chem.? Do you feel like its worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-20-2009, 12:14 AM

Some places are requiring certification like Boston but you should still get some training. It is not just a spray and leave. There is alot involved like you have to clean the entire duct not just what you can reach with a wand. How do you portect the roof from the grease you wash off? Not to mention the fire supression systems, set one of those off and it can cost you upwards of $1200 just to have the system recharged and reset. Now you still have to get the entire kitchen cleaned up. Any certification should be hard otherwise it is not worth the paper it is printed on. You have to know your stuff around these hoods.

I do not clean any but I have done alot of research other than just getting on a forum and asking a question. You will not get the answers you are looking for here as every hood is different and unique, therefor the pricing is different for every hood. Do a Google search for hood cleaning training.
post #3 of Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

wow

Thanks for the Smartass comment. You just wasted everyones time by posting that. I have done research and do know whats involved. The reason you post on here is to ask questions. I'm not gonna call a company in my area to see if it was worth it. Just asking a few questions to see if it is worth my time to even start investigating it. Like everyone else I don't wasnt to take a three month class to find out its only $150 to clean a hood system. So if anyone else has any useful advice please reply. If its just smartass "do some research than please save it. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-20-2009, 10:47 AM

JK, I dont think he was trying to offend you.

Anyway, hoods like any other industry can pay well or you can get it done for 150.

I would check out the orgs we have and trying calling a couple guys in that directory instead of your local competitor.

I know when mine are calling for pricing, i give them smart ass answers.

I could careless about my competitors, if they were smarted they would have found my online pricing.

Yes do a google search http://ikeca.com/index.php?module=pa...ion=198:16:168

Theres yur price guide from the oldest KEC org around on Hood cleaning.

Have a great day,

By the Way www.nationalcleaningexpo.com will have three guys that make over 8 million each speak at three of the remaining for events this year.

Pay and go to one, one guys makes over 30 million a year, So I guess KEC cleaning makes money.

Last edited by Ron Musgraves; 05-20-2009 at 10:49 AM.
post #5 of Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 AM

No not trying to offend at all. Reread your questions and that was your first post. That is what someone without a clue would ask just out of the blue. If you did your research then you would know that the classes range between 3 and 10 days and are only a few thousand dollars. All the questions you asked are easily found on sites other than the boards. Good luck to you.
post #6 of Old 05-20-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

thank you

I really have done my homework on how to do it. I was pressed for time when I left my org. post(two kids) just wanted to get the ball rollin'. I plan to get cert. but didnt wanna waste my time if its not worth it. I wanna focus on the right things. I am a Full-time firefighter/paramedic and have a family so I can't waste time on classes I don't need. Just asking questions because it seems like everyone is trying to sell you info. that is just common sense. I know the old addage think how long it will take you and charge what you time is worth per hour. jus dont wanna under cut myself. Sorry if I over reacted. I've been on many-a-forum and most the time people just mess with you with vague responses. Thanks for the links lots of info. I couldnt find that on google.

Last edited by jknight122; 05-20-2009 at 11:43 AM.
post #7 of Old 05-20-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight122 View Post
I really have done my homework on how to do it. I was pressed for time when I left my org. post(two kids) just wanted to get the ball rollin'. I plan to get cert. but didnt wanna waste my time if its not worth it. I wanna focus on the right things. I am a Full-time firefighter/paramedic and have a family so I can't waste time on classes I don't need. Just asking questions because it seems like everyone is trying to sell you info. that is just common sense. I know the old addage think how long it will take you and charge what you time is worth per hour. jus dont wanna under cut myself. Sorry if I over reacted. I've been on many-a-forum and most the time people just mess with you with vague responses. Thanks for the links lots of info. I couldnt find that on google.
This site I started 10 years ago has alot of KEC stuff, but guys will mess with you. Greaser are strange birds, they are often smart aZZES.

www.pressurewashingintsitute.com
post #8 of Old 05-24-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Musgraves View Post
This site I started 10 years ago has alot of KEC stuff, but guys will mess with you. Greaser are strange birds, they are often smart aZZES.

www.pressurewashingintsitute.com
Now Ron, you know some of those greasers are smart azzes, but how smart can you be to work all night in the grease? I personally know only kind, helpful greasers.
post #9 of Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 PM

hmm
post #10 of Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
Did you ever get the ball rolling in KEC? If so how's it going?

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #11 of Old 07-17-2011, 11:30 AM

Hoods are indispensable. It's needed especially if you have a resto. It keeps your exhaust better. It's expensive, but it's rather practical.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode