Grease/Hot Steam stains? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Grease/Hot Steam stains?

Hi guys, My house is fairly new. I have very light cream/yellowy walls in my kitchen. I never use grease when I cook besides regular cooking spray when I make eggs in the morning. I have many circular cooking grease/steam stains above my stove. I have something being used as a back splash, but even on both sides of the stove, the walls are looking kind of bad. Is my "cooking spray" (PAM...etc.) causing this? Or just cooking with heat and steam in general? How can I avoid it? And how the heck do I clean it? It will. not. come off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-01-2012, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

no help?
post #3 of Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Degreaser

I was given a sample of a product called Dynamic Quick. I have not tried the product yet but it is supposed to clean grease and oil off of all surfaces. The product is sold on the internet at www.quickdegreaser.com and it is in concentrated form. As I said I have not used it but if you do please let me know how it works.

Best of luck.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-06-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the recommendation. Just checked out their website and that stuff looks pretty good. The only think is, I need something that I can put on my actual walls. I don't know if I can use that stuff for that.
post #5 of Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Spray a solution of white vinegar and lemon juice on the stained area. Let it soak for 10 minutes then rub the surface using abrasive sponge and hot water. This will surely remove grease stain.
post #6 of Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 AM

Go through by apply dry-cleaning solvent and sparingly, and blot. If stain remains you can apply detergent solution, ammonia solution, vinegar solution, blot and rinse with water, blot until dry. These are the powerful way to remove the grease stain.
post #7 of Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to zainfr2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophielaura View Post
Spray a solution of white vinegar and lemon juice on the stained area. Let it soak for 10 minutes then rub the surface using abrasive sponge and hot water. This will surely remove grease stain.
correct i agree
post #8 of Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 AM

I can very well understand your situation and solution to this problem is excellent cleaning products that are available in market that can be useful for cleaning the toughest of the stains
post #9 of Old 09-08-2012, 02:53 PM

^ LOL at some of the people on this site. Well, what were you originally cleaning it with?
post #10 of Old 03-02-2013, 02:29 AM

To remove the grease from your kitchen wall you can use the solution of diluted vinegar or diluted bleach. One of the most unexpected method but much reputed you can use is to take fire from ash and make a paste using a water and then apply.
post #11 of Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 AM

Dish soap and hot water

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode