Grease Removal Device - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-09-2011, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Grease Removal Device

The Ecology APU offered by Quiet-Aire utilizes a 3 stage filter system and is available in a variety of configurations to meet engineering design requirements for the elimination of grease particulate, smoke and odor from the kitchen exhaust air stream.
Therefore this is a ultimate Grease Removal Device in Commercial Kitchen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-01-2011, 04:46 AM

Tell us more in detail. From the title I was ready to find how to ultimately clean grease, which is one of my biggest cleaning problems.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
post #3 of Old 10-07-2011, 04:58 AM

Grease Interceptor

• Grease interceptors separate grease from water. They are especially important when kitchen workers clean greasy items such as fry hoods, floor mats and deep-fry cages. Grease interceptors generally are made from concrete and are large chambers where the waste water sits. The grease floats to the surface and the water flows out into the sewer from the bottom of the chamber. All waste water goes through the grease interceptor. Commercial grease interceptors hold 750 gallons at a time, making them the most effective of grease-removal devices.

Grease Trap

• Grease traps are smaller and generally cheaper than grease interceptors. While they remove grease from water, they are not sufficient to remove all of the grease in most commercial kitchens. All waste water from a building does not necessary go through a grease trap. Grease traps only filter one to four faucets.

Automatic Grease Skimmers

• Grease skimmers float on the top of the waste water and collect grease. They generally are less powerful than traps and interceptors and can only handle a low volume of water. Most restaurants use more water and grease than a skimmer can handle.

Grease Haulers

• Grease haulers collect the grease that has accumulated from a grease interceptor or trap and haul it to an approved location. Grease haulers pump the grease from the removal device through the use of hoses and suction. They also clean and deodorize the grease-removal device. Have your grease hauled frequently to avoid backup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 AM

Are Fats oil and grease causing your problem

Grease waste can cause blockages disrupt the wastewater. Failure to include a grease trap or grease recovery device can result in fines.
post #5 of Old 09-24-2012, 02:32 AM

It's a great sharing! Thanks for providing the good piece of info.
post #6 of Old 11-27-2012, 01:01 AM

Get rid of grease

Grease is a problem every household faces and they are not as easy as removing dust from a glass. I hated removing grease, used to mix dishwasher with water and rub them endlessly to get rid of them. Recently I tried my hands on a degreaser and its amazing. I just spend minuted over those stubborn stains and they disappear like they were never there.
post #7 of Old 11-30-2012, 03:29 PM

I expected to read information on removing grease from surfaces. How disappointing.
post #8 of Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 AM

Grease is one of the hardest things to get rid off, I have to use different products available in the market to get rid off them as I have not succeeded to clean them myself with detergents or scrubbers however hard I try.
post #9 of Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 AM

Great Info
Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
Grease Interceptor

• Grease interceptors separate grease from water. They are especially important when kitchen workers clean greasy items such as fry hoods, floor mats and deep-fry cages. Grease interceptors generally are made from concrete and are large chambers where the waste water sits. The grease floats to the surface and the water flows out into the sewer from the bottom of the chamber. All waste water goes through the grease interceptor. Commercial grease interceptors hold 750 gallons at a time, making them the most effective of grease-removal devices.

Grease Trap

• Grease traps are smaller and generally cheaper than grease interceptors. While they remove grease from water, they are not sufficient to remove all of the grease in most commercial kitchens. All waste water from a building does not necessary go through a grease trap. Grease traps only filter one to four faucets.

Automatic Grease Skimmers

• Grease skimmers float on the top of the waste water and collect grease. They generally are less powerful than traps and interceptors and can only handle a low volume of water. Most restaurants use more water and grease than a skimmer can handle.

Grease Haulers

• Grease haulers collect the grease that has accumulated from a grease interceptor or trap and haul it to an approved location. Grease haulers pump the grease from the removal device through the use of hoses and suction. They also clean and deodorize the grease-removal device. Have your grease hauled frequently to avoid backup.

post #10 of Old 02-27-2013, 04:20 AM

Interceptor is another device which is being use in many small restaurants and establishment. The advantage of this type of device is that there is a large storage capacity, despite its small size. When the storage space is an important issue, this compact device is the ultimate space saver.
post #11 of Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 AM

No I think it is really useful for removal device.
post #12 of Old 03-01-2013, 02:07 PM

Cantol's Tech 736 Ultra Great all around cleaner for applications such as

Floors, Walls, Furniture, Porcelain, Cabinets, Metal Fixtures, Counters, Formica, Exhaust Fans, Venetian Blinds, Outdoor Grills,
Machinery, Stainless Steel, Tools, Stove Tops, Vinyl, White Wall Tires, Woodwork, Brass, Copper, Aluminum, Ceramic, Marble, Rest
Rooms, Shower Stalls, Swimming Pools, Storage Tanks, Boats, Bilges, Glass, Plastic, Motor Housing, Air Conditioning Coils, Air Filters,
Exhaust Hoods, Painted Surfaces, Trucks, Trailers, Conveyor Systems, Printing Machines, Rubber Surfaces, Brick, Concrete, Metal
Equipment, Animal Cages.
post #13 of Old 02-24-2014, 01:09 PM

Dont scrub grease. Just scrape it off with a razor or putty knife.
post #14 of Old 02-25-2014, 07:28 AM

Grease Traps used mainly to solidifies the oil, grease and fat and prevent the drains from blocking. So, it keeps the kitchen clean...

There are various hydra grease traps for commercial and domestic kitchens..
So, if you want to purchase these traps, view site.In this site, you will get each and every details about grease traps.So, go through this link.

Tags
efficient kitchen exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode