Kitchen Hood Cleaning? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 02-17-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Kitchen Hood Cleaning?

Alright, confession time! I'm absolutely terrible at cleaning kitchen hoods because that's the one thing I hate! Anyone know how to get rid of accumulated grease on the hood? I'm scared to try anything too harsh as I don't want to ruin the stainless steel so some tips would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-17-2016, 05:01 PM

I use vinegar. try it - it's magic!
post #3 of Old 02-17-2016, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Great idea!! I'll definitely try it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-26-2016, 11:07 PM

Has anyone done it professionally for restaurants? Is it as lucrative as people say?
post #5 of Old 08-14-2016, 03:53 PM

kitchen hood cleaning

Hello and how are you I am Michael from Buffalo, Ny.

I currently do Restaurant Hood Cleaning and Honestly it is very rewarding if you know what you are doing and if you have the right people help and the right equipment.....I will suggest though do not just go into it using your basic chemicals because you will spend more time and never be happy with the finished results.

If your looking for the right equipment and right chemical products to do this kind of work please let me know and I can point you in the right direction to get started, BUT you also have to make sure you are certified as well to do this type of work because if not your not able to do it then.
post #6 of Old 08-16-2016, 01:05 AM

Great. Thank you
post #7 of Old 09-15-2016, 06:45 AM

Informative thread, Thanks everyone
post #8 of Old 09-17-2016, 12:28 PM

There is some tip for stainless steel cleaning.
http://www.cleaningnetwork.com/how-t...ainless-steel/
post #9 of Old 10-02-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole House Carpet View Post
Has anyone done it professionally for restaurants? Is it as lucrative as people say?
It's a great business for vampires. Nearly 90% of hood cleanings are done between 11pm and 5am. So, if you like working at night, you'll be fine.
post #10 of Old 12-06-2016, 11:34 PM

Yes use vinegar solution it works...and great tips...
post #11 of Old 12-15-2016, 05:28 PM

I agree with anda and clownford - use vinegar. I find that white vinegar works the best.
post #12 of Old 12-30-2016, 04:23 AM

Remove the filters from the hood, fill a sink with boiling water, pour in baking soda and dish soap, put greasy filters in water, let them soak, scrub the filters, rinse and dry. Finally replace the filters and repeat as needed. For more technical info try seeking expert advice from kitchen renovation concepts like avonlea renovations http://www.avonlearenovations.com/se...n-renovations/ . They might help you.

Last edited by EdwardECharette; 12-30-2016 at 04:26 AM.
post #13 of Old 01-04-2017, 02:10 AM

Unfortunately many restaurant owners know little about their kitchen exhaust system. The problem is a clean canopy doesn't always equate to a clean system. Grease accumulates throughout the entire system, behind the filters, up the plenum and onto the roof up blast fan. Its necessary to clean the entire system regularly, so abnormal build up does not accumulate. Its required by law. By law; Churches and day camps are required to be clean every year. Most establishments with lower volume need to be cleaned every 6 mo. High volume food should be cleaned every 3 mo Ī2 mo. Wood fired must be cleaned every mo.
Bunga likes this.
post #14 of Old 01-04-2017, 02:24 AM

Its your responsibility as a owner to insure your system is not a liability. If your dead set on cleaning the system yourself, you can do it the old school way. You get a handful of razor blades some steel wool, a caustic chemical, some thick gloves, rags, and a metric ton of time. Make sure you clean every surface that touches the grease vapors. This however will still not pass strict fire marshal code, as your system must be inspected by a authority with jurisdiction in your area.

If you don't want to scratch up your hood, hire a professional. Professionals should hang plastic in a funnel to capture water from a hot water pressure washer. They should not leave a mess, arrive late, do piss quality work, and clean everything completely down to bare metal. They should clean every accessible area in your system with picture report with before and after photos of everything (behind filters aka plenum with view of filter tracks, up the stack to the roof, down the stack to the kitchen, the upblast fan bowl and blades, and any mechanical defects)

Last edited by greesy; 02-09-2017 at 06:47 PM.
post #15 of Old 02-09-2017, 07:43 AM

Hello hope this comment finds you in good if you want to contact the official and professional commercial cleaners with affordable prices please contact the info i have mentioned below p.s they resolve the queries you have what in your mind perhaps i am sharing the info down here:

Pro Deep Clean

0141 846 0022
post #16 of Old 02-09-2017, 06:37 PM

I also work for a kitchen exhaust cleaning company! We service internationally !

Hoodz! We have a website just do a google search!

Last edited by greesy; 02-09-2017 at 07:01 PM.
post #17 of Old 02-15-2017, 05:37 AM

Kitchen exhaust cleaning is the process of removing grease that has accumulated inside the ducts, hoods, fans and vents of exhaust systems of commercial ...
post #18 of Old 07-05-2017, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greesy View Post
I also work for a kitchen exhaust cleaning company! We service internationally !

Hoodz! We have a website just do a google search!
What is your primary location? I would like to get in touch with a Hoodz franchise owner
post #19 of Old 03-29-2018, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisha369 View Post
Alright, confession time! I'm absolutely terrible at cleaning kitchen hoods because that's the one thing I hate! Anyone know how to get rid of accumulated grease on the hood? I'm scared to try anything too harsh as I don't want to ruin the stainless steel so some tips would be greatly appreciated!
Same problem in my kitchen
post #20 of Old 03-29-2018, 02:11 AM

Did you tried anyone tip?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode