McDonalds night managers are the lowest - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

McDonalds night managers are the lowest

Did you know that McDonalds managers are considered peeons and the lowest on the rank chain and are not allowed to make decisions at all? Why do they run a store at night where major decisions may be needed when everyone else is sleeping?

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 PM

And they even went to McCollege.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 08-18-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
And they even went to McCollege.
That's BU...Burger University.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
You want fries with that?

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #5 of Old 09-06-2006, 04:11 PM

Do they speak english? never been in one at night, hope I never am.
post #6 of Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 PM

Wondering about the Mac U students?

Dave you mention a problem here and I am wondering if there might be opportunity here? All problems including problems with people who don't have the authority to make spending decisions can lead to opportunities for profit.

You have a forum. You have a topic. We will answer.

Discuss

Snapper
post #7 of Old 09-08-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

I gave the answer and there is no profit.

Dave Ott 800-861-6475

Last edited by Dave Ott; 09-08-2006 at 09:44 PM.
post #8 of Old 09-08-2006, 10:08 PM

Let us in on the secret, Snapper. Or do I have to bid on it? ::

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #9 of Old 09-09-2006, 01:43 PM

Can I Biggie That?:d
post #10 of Old 09-11-2006, 11:14 AM

Profit from the night manager.

First off you really don't tell us what the problem was with the night manager. The problem may be that either you found something new that would cost more or you had not planned for that eventuality when you bid the job. So when you were out there you could not get the ok to do more work and be assured you would get paid.

That is the most common cause of the complaint you listed. Perhaps I am wrong and if so please tell me. But how you handle this for the future by 1. anticipating this event in the future and preparing the mangager for it. 2. asking the overall manager who to contact for the decision to go forward at that time of night and get it in writing.

Just these two actions will give you a much higher level of professionalism. It shows the manager that you are prepared for anything. Something sadly lacking in most of his employees and other contractors. It will not make the night managers any better but most of them are just making above minimum wage and are doing a tough job for maybe .50 and hour more than the guy or gal running the register.

Tell me a little more about what caused your intial outrage and we can come up with some other ideas.

Snapper

PS: Pressure Pros I do have a Cash Infusion program for service business but it is highly detailed to each particular business that I work with. This forum is about ideas not selling things. If you would like to talk about how to add some income we can do that too.
post #11 of Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 AM

Your right they do have a very tuff job, for little compensation. it's a burn out business, its set up that way to keep overhead down ( a shame). Bring them in Young give them a title (Management, "salary" no over time) work them long and hard, burn them out and hire the next kid dumb eneff to think this is a promotion ( if they worked the same hours @ min wage they would make more money).
Back to contacting the main store manager late at night, it is something that is not done by a night mgr. (Robbery,Fire or Injury to a customer and serious injury to employees are the only exceptions) or He/She will be fired, at least that the way It was done in the town I was a Police Officer in. On several occasion I have ask the night Mgr. to call his Mgr. or give me the number and i have made the call in every case but one, the kid was fired. McDonalds are indepently owned so this might just be thier policy. But "Poo" does happen that can not always be covered in advance.
You think Mr.Ott might have been amazed that someone was put into a position of authority with no authority? Of course Dav might have been just venting or PMSing, we do that sometimes on the boards. Please take no offence just trying to explain us working stiffs My .02
post #12 of Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 AM

I'm with you McMoo. However, if I have a contractor in my store overnight, I want to know what he is doing or has done and that I (as the franchisee, general manager) that I am getting my money's worth.

Let's all vent. But I find a lot of profit in helping my regular clients find profit when they vent. Problems almost always mean a way to profit either financially or professionally. And both are very good.

Snapper
post #13 of Old 09-12-2006, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Am I missing something or has a simple post turned into a dig into my professional status? I am trying to save myself from a long post.

Dave Ott 800-861-6475
post #14 of Old 09-13-2006, 07:51 AM

No dig here Dave. You Da Man! Just though you made a simple statement that did not need to be dissected. My apologies to both you and snapper. I did not mean to start something. Guess I was PMSing the day I first read Snappers post and took it wrong.

Again My Apologies
Dan McCown

P.S. I belive I better wait a day after reading a post I have a problem with and read it again before I reply.
post #15 of Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 AM

None here either to anyone. I am just trying to help with the possibilities of finding new profit from situations for you guys. Everyone has problem clients and problems of some sort at one time or another. Once a problem pops up, look for the profit potential in it. It makes dealing with those night managers easier.

And also my apologies if I offended anyone. But sometimes looking for new profit centers is not politically correct and does offend people. So sorry if I may sound blunt sometimes.
Snapper
post #16 of Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM

I quite like McDonalds especially in comparison with Burger King. They are so expensive!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode