new to the business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-07-2007, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Question new to the business

hi everyone I just recently started my kitchen exhaust cleaning biz and am having a hard time with sales. I worked for a guy who did it but never saw him actually close deals. I lost contacts with the guy i worked for and from what i have heard hes not even doin it anymore but the question im getting at is whats the best way to get people. How to really sell your company. I get alot of people who say we already have someone who does it and im not sure how to respond. Any answers are most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-08-2007, 01:07 AM

you might try grease Police. They are made up of greasers, except for a couple of skirt wearing flat workers who are allowed in for humor

fireguy
post #3 of Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 AM

Every business should already have a company that does it unless they have a brand new location (restaurant).

Offer to do a free evaluation and give them a price on the spot (not at lunch time on a Friday). Get up on the roof and use a mirror to look down into the duct under the fan. Take pictures. (if you're slick you can have a printer right in your truck). Write up a professional proposal, sit down with the management and discuss your findings.

You are going to find that at least 50% of the people you talk to will be dissatisfied with whom they are using now.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA

Last edited by PressurePros; 09-10-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-08-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Hicks View Post
except for a couple of skirt wearing flat workers who are allowed in for humor

fireguy
Pushing a service cleaner around removing a little gum here and there.

Now that is silly isn't Douglas?

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
post #5 of Old 09-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
Hello ...anyone remember me!!

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #6 of Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
post #7 of Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
post #8 of Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ s View Post
unfortunatly !!!!!!
you funny guy!

How you been?

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #9 of Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM

Getting customers...

I "specialize"(if there is such a thing) in apartments and I have a whole bunch of fliers made up (with my basic cleaning list, ball-park quote and my phone number) and I take them to the apartment manager's building and leave them 50-100 (depending on size of complex) and have them put them in their welcome packets. I've gotten a lot of business that way. Managers are more than happy to refer cleaning people to their tenants!

I have fliers and business cards on me always and I give them to anyone who has a pulse. I say "I own a cleaning company in town and I'm very reasonable, so if you know of anyone looking for help cleaning...." I've never had anyone be rude to me. (I'm bubbly) I was at a flower shop today and the person working there took 10 fliers from me and posted them in his dorm at college (don't know if that was good or not...but it's a contact!)

The other thing I do, is I'll text, call, or fax someone I know (so I kinda know what their house looks like) and say "I need a house to clean on Tuesday. $80 and I'm yours." It's funny (I hope) and at least gets a chuckle and makes people think of me.

I put my fliers and cards up everywhere I shop (the mileage there is a tax right off and I'm going there anyway)

I don't know if you can use any of those ideas, but that's what I got!
post #10 of Old 06-28-2012, 01:43 AM

I get alot of people who say we already have someone who does it and im not sure how to respond.
post #11 of Old 06-28-2012, 03:32 PM

You might get more responses if you tell who you are, what area you service, and what experience you have.
post #12 of Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 AM

Definitely you should prepare yourself for people’s negative feedback and always learn a lesson from that people that how you should respond your client’s next time. You should learn to handle clients so that they can stay with you.
post #13 of Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 PM

Hi,
I hope things have improved!!
A couple of things I always do as a must. Be friendly and confident but not arrogant as you can always learn from the customers. Know you're product too as potential customers may already have someone but by asking if their service could be improved is a great tool as it will get the customer thinking - leave a business card, magnet or flyer too. Try using online advertising, website and nothing beats referrals!

Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Services
post #14 of Old 09-03-2012, 06:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to zainfr2012
beware and active
post #15 of Old 03-02-2013, 01:35 AM

kitchen exhaust cleaning is one of the smartest choice of business. It is one of the fastest growing franchises You don't have to remind them or call them often as they claim a service card with which they know when is the next due date that is in the cleaning work.
post #16 of Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 AM

Go to the police
post #17 of Old 03-07-2013, 11:52 PM

I would try partnering with a cleaning company or other service and offering them a % referral for any business they bring you. If they are a large enough company, you might be surprised at how many clients they refer. Also, make sure your hitting all of the available marketing channels: this means creating a website, and utilizing direct mail, brochures, door hangers, business cards, word of mouth, referral cards, newspaper ads, sites like yelp.com or craigslist.org, etc. The key is repetitive marketing to a concentrated target market.
post #18 of Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 AM

Don't forget about Google Adwords! That's the single biggest thing you can do in the beginning. If you don't have a website you can link the add to your Google + Local account.
Also, you can set-up the campaign yourself, just be sure to include the cities you're targeting in the key phrase. Example House Cleaning Services Daphne Alabama.
Another important tip - fill in the negative keywords sections with words like - jobs, deals, employment. You don't want people clicking on your add for reasons other than hiring you!

Maids a la Mode
post #19 of Old 08-25-2015, 07:50 PM

I worked for a kitchen exhaust cleaning company 20 years ago.
What they did was just get out there and knock on some doors.
Nothing beats face to face marketing in my opinion. I was actually toying
with it my self way back then and was able to close 3 jobs in less than hours
worth of hustling
post #20 of Old 04-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered

I use all kind of social media along with google ad words..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode