Baseboard cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Baseboard cleaning

Other than scrubbing till your arm feels like jello, does anyone have tips for cleaning baseboards that have been neglected for quite some time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-06-2008, 06:06 AM

you can use baseboard stripper it helps alot.
post #3 of Old 09-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Just as a suggestion...!

Hello there,

I am not in the business of cleaning baseboards for other people but I have cleaned my share of homes for my father who is a home refinisher...

Since the man is my own father, he pays me a fair wage according to the quality of work I perform...

So therefore, I put in the extra effort to give every cleaning project he asks me to do a little more TLC than anyone else would and the jobs I've done always look far better than anyone else's work ever has...

But when I say 'a little more TLC...', I don't mean that I scrub until my arms feel like jello...

Using the natural products I've offered others since 1995, all I have to do is soak the area, let it sit for a while and then just come back to wipe it off...

Yes, I know that sounds too good to be true but that is possible without any kind of harmful chemicals...

You don't have to believe me but you can look into it further on the site below...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
J4K

I bet it cures the common cold as well!
post #5 of Old 09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

Well, not being a smartass but you're right - it does do that too and it sounds to me like you're familiar with the Shaklee products huh...?
post #6 of Old 09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
J4K

No not really.
post #7 of Old 08-13-2012, 06:03 AM

Vacuum the baseboards using brush. The baseboards should be totally free of hair, dust and any loose dirt before you wash them. Pay particular attention to the floor around the baseboards, which is where most of the floor's dirt tends to accumulate.
post #8 of Old 10-15-2012, 12:01 PM

Location: Servicing Oakville. Mississauga, Etobicoke & Toronto
Cleaning baseboards

Best process is to vacuum well with a brush tool. Than using a scrub brush and detergent, scrub, wipe clean and dry. if they are really in poor condition after washing, you might want to consider a new coat of paint.
post #9 of Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 AM

Better

It can be a very tedious and time consuming chore, but when they are done, they help make the whole room look cleaner. With a little elbow grease
post #10 of Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 AM

Vacuum the area first.Wear latex or rubber gloves. Because you will be working with a detergent and getting your hands wet, it helps to prevent your hands from pruning.
 Use a mild detergent mixed in water. This can be a soap and water mixture or a vinegar and water mixture that is 1 cup of white vinegar to 5 cups of hot water (but not so hot that your hands can't stand the heat). You can also use a spray-on multi-purpose cleaner. Many people recommend a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for very difficult scuff marks or stains that a regular cleaning won't get out. Clorox Wands are also recommended. These are easy to hold, not as messy as water, and can be easily discarded when you're finished with it.
 Use a sponge or a washcloth. Wring it out thoroughly so you don't slosh water everywhere. Avoid using paper towels. They can snag on the boards, leaving fuzz behind.
Don't saturate the wall or the baseboard with water. This could be damaging to the paint and could create an even bigger mess.
When cleaning your baseboards, keep children and pets away.
post #11 of Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 PM

These are pretty good tips, but how about using some kind of Wax to clean it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode