best way to put wax on vct floors - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

Old 08-21-2011, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

best way to put wax on vct floors

What is the best way to put wax on vct flooring for a big area and for a small area. Is poring the wax on the floor and using a wax applicator a good way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 12:58 AM

I would recommend stripping the floor with a stripper, mopping with hot water, then mopping entire floor with a neutral cleaner. You should then mop the floor again with water. And then apply wax this method will not leave post waxing problems.

Last edited by marie davidson; 10-06-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 AM

Old thread but oh well

Once the floor is fully prepared for floor finish...

For large areas I like dipping the mop head into the bucket and wringing it out some. The wringer needs to be washed thoroughly and then place a new garbage bag into the wringer. Pour as much floor finish you think you'll need, it's better to be a little short on wax rather than have left over in the bucket. Dip, wring, and apply.

Small areas I simply pour directly on to the floor over a fairly decent size without drying on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersonmarc View Post
What is the best way to put wax on vct flooring for a big area and for a small area. Is poring the wax on the floor and using a wax applicator a good way
Again... older post but here is my two cents...

I would not suggest using a "string mop" of any type. I find the "flat mop" or "finish mop" gets much better results and a smoother surface. A microfiber finish mop also allows you to get a thiner, more even coat of finish on the floor. Of course the type and brand of finish used make a major difference!
Sometimes I will pour some finish on the floor for small areas and spread with a finish mop, but mostly I use a finish applicator system such as 3M's backpack. For areas around 1000 sq ft. I use a great device called the "Mopster" from Impact (formal name is the Impact Bucketless Mop) with a finishing flat mop on the head... this is like an industrial swiffer! For large open areas I find it best to use Hillyard's Multiflow XP with it's T-bar. This can be used with both water-based and oil-based finishes. Time is Money!! I also sell the equipment if your interested.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 PM

I agree with you guys, thats the best way to put the Wax on the Floors. Good Job.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:28 AM

Thank you for the*informative*posts.

Last edited by Otoredolo; 06-16-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in