Cement Floor Painting Suggestions - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Question Cement Floor Painting Suggestions

I have a cement floor that I was am trying to paint but the paint is not sticking. The floor is in an outside screen enclosed porch, so it is exposed to hot and cold temperatures. I buffed the floor and mopped it afterwards. I let the floor dry before I started painting. I also added paint hardner into my paint to help the paint have a more solid finish. The paint is an oil based paint. I think about the only thing I haven't tried is etching the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-27-2010, 03:08 AM

Cement Floor Painting Suggestions

Here is the process of cement painting, this may be help you to paint your concrete floor.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/paint...ete-floor.html

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/interiorfloors/
post #3 of Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM

I think that the problem you're having may be related to the fact that you're using an oil based paint as they don't adhere very well to cement.
Have you tried using a heavy duty epoxy garage paint like Epoxy Shield, Armor Clad, or Rustoleum Concrete Saver? I'd probably still recommend etching before applying the paint though if you really want to make sure that it sticks well- especially if the area is exposed to outdoor elements/temperatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-06-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaningman View Post
I have a cement floor that I was am trying to paint but the paint is not sticking. The floor is in an outside screen enclosed porch, so it is exposed to hot and cold temperatures. I buffed the floor and mopped it afterwards. I let the floor dry before I started painting. I also added paint hardner into my paint to help the paint have a more solid finish. The paint is an oil based paint. I think about the only thing I haven't tried is etching the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can do?
hmmm that was really hard.. what if just use wall paintings?

love the way you lie
post #5 of Old 04-28-2011, 04:47 AM

Hello

Don't worry there are solution on painting the colors on cement concrete wall.

Depending on the age of concrete has been tested for use with individual healing. The concrete curing compounds for several reasons, the lack of concrete coating. Another thing to consider is moisture in the concrete. If evidence of moisture in concrete, it should not be coated and painted. The painting is continued until the moisture is removed may be determined in conjunction with the source of dampness and removed.

There are a lot of acid eaters are available on the market for this purpose. When etching is completed, the entire region will be carefully washed with water to remove all traces of acid. If there is ammonia, working as a high neutralize the acid with water.

All this process get finished after that you can start your paint on the walls. good luck
post #6 of Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaningman View Post

Preferably, Latex paints is the best option to be use and because it comes in variety of colors. Ensure that you are going to use the good quality of latex paint during the painting process.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode