With the current slow housing market, it is now even more important to keep your house clean and tidy when trying to sell.
To give you a helping hand and perhaps some well needed motivation, here are some tips to keeping your house market-friendly:
- Wash windows inside and out, after all first impressions are important. A good tip is to dry the windows with crumpled newspaper and if you can, wash the windows on a cloudy rather than sunny day, because the sun can cause it to streak.
- Clean shower, sinks and bath tubs, to remove hard water spots and scum off showers use undiluted, heated white vinegar. Put in a spray bottle, spray on and leave to soak for 15 mins and then scrub.
- Clean all light fixtures and replace lightbulbs with a higher wattage, these little things are easy to forget, but can make all the difference.
- Put non-essential items in boxes to eliminate clutter, so that viewers can see the whole space, it will also make the rooms look bigger.
Here are some tips on how how to clean the most common of flooring:
- Ceramic tiling: Don't use harsh abrasive cleaners that might scratch the tiles. Instead use a damp-mop on the ceramic tiles with an all-purpose cleaner. Then dry the floor with a soft cloth to avoid streaks.
- Vinyl floors: To wash this type of floor, use an all-purpose cleaning solution. Test any cleaner in a corner before using it on the entire floor.
- Wood floors: The most effective way of cleaning a wooden floor applying a liquid wood-floor cleaner with a dry wax applicator on a small area at a time. Let it soak for a few minutes, and wipe up the excess. When the floor is dry, buff with a floor polisher.
- Carpet Cleaning
: The simplest way to keep your carpets clean is to vacuum regularly. But for an effective deep clean it is best to have your carpet steam cleaned.
A clean house will help viewers see themselves living there and will show that you take pride in maintaining the house.