Equipment Recommendations - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-04-2010, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Equipment Recommendations

Hello, I am just starting out and looking at buffers, scrubbers, etc. Is one manufacturer better than the other? So far I have looked at Clarke, Viper, Minuteman. I also came across a site called CleanFreak that has scrubbers, etc. listed but it looks like its their own brand, but the prices are decent. Just looking for some direction so I dont buy something I'm going to end up regretting. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-29-2010, 12:01 PM

Re:floor machines

Even though price may be a primary consideration for which floor buffing machine you choose, don't let it be your only consideration.

First off consider what your floor cleaning needs are. Do you have both carpeting and hard floor surfaces to clean? Or just one or the other? How much floor area do you have to handle? How quickly are you expected to get a particular floor cleaning job done? Do you have to do floor polishing or burnishing jobs in addition to scrubbing? How about floor stripping-- getting that old floor finish off before restoring a floor to its original shine?

If you have both carpeting and hard floor surfaces to scrub then a dual speed floor machine might be your best bet. The lower speeds can be used for both carpet bonneting and hard floor scrubbing and stripping. And the higher speeds can be used for light buffing of hard floors (but not serious buffing jobs).

If you have a lot of hard floor surface area, like commercially tiled floors in a grocery store, mall, or aircraft hangar, then 2 separate machines might be your best investment. One low speed floor machine can be used for scrubbing, and the other high speed burnisher can be used for the polishing.

If possible, try to rent or borrow a floor buffer of the particular size and speed that you're thinking of buying. Work with it for awhile. This is probably the best way to decide which machine is right for you.
post #3 of Old 09-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Although you may be familiar with brand name machines like Clarke and Minuteman it doesn't necessarily mean they're better machines than private label ones like CleanFreak. Just because you've heard of a brand name doesn't mean it's worth the dollars. Of course, there are going to be times when you simply like a brand name product more than a private label one. And in those cases, the extra cost may be worth it to you. But don't reach immediately for the brand name item simply because you recognize it. Instead, experiment with private label products and see how they compare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 PM

post #5 of Old 11-17-2010, 12:34 AM
post #6 of Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 AM

There are so many companies that will give you a demo for every equipment. So that you can get the best result out of it. I am sure you will get best company regarding your confusion.
post #7 of Old 08-27-2012, 05:06 PM

Homemade floor buffer / scrubber using a 18-volt cordless weed eater

I just made a powerful homemade floor buffer (scrubber) using my Black and Decker 18-volt cordless weed-eater. I was thinking of renting a floor buffer to help clean and polish a porcelain tile floor, but then I got the idea of using my weed eater as a floor buffer/scrubber. It was very easy and inexpensive to make the device. All I did was buy a plastic hand scrubber and then I cut the handle off and then bolted it to the cover of the weed eater spool. I still have to find a buffer pad to bolt onto the spool cover, but the scrubber works very well. I posted a video of the device on YouTube (search for weed eater floor scrubber).
post #8 of Old 08-28-2012, 12:01 AM

While I love your way of thinking... if you have 10,000sf of floor to work on it would take you 3 months to finish it. lol

Great job though. I give it a 10!

post #9 of Old 09-01-2015, 11:12 AM

Very good and*informative*exchange*..*Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode