Floor cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Floor cleaning

Hi ,, I have just started my cleaning business and going to start a new commercial cleaning contract next month,, I have question about how to clean floor tiles if it has some acidation marks like water dropping from near fountains..

it's like white strains on the floor.. Any recommend chemicals ?

help would be much appriciated...

thanks
NSP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-26-2010, 07:58 AM

hello..all the best for your new business ... Stains on tiles are mostly caused by hard water, mildew, and rust marks.... The grout among tiles also gets very dirty over time if it isn't cleaned frequently….You have to use some harsh chemicals to remove stains from your tiles, wear gloves and goggles while applying these chemicals...
post #3 of Old 07-28-2010, 09:33 AM

These stains can get really hard over time. Its therefore essential to have the fixtures and tiles that are vulnerable to such deposit stains cleaned every week. While commercial cleaners can get this done quite easily, the natural way to try would be vinegar and baking soda.

If you are looking for a ready to use product, a cleaner with hydrochloric acid should serve the need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 AM

Acid can also used. Also the baking soda works well.
post #5 of Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM

here are i have mentioned some chemical, which may be beneficial to you as a stain removal

Chemical
Isopropyl
ammonium hydroxide
sodium hydrosulfite
isopropyl alcohol or other unspecified ingredients
perchloroethylene, trichloroethylene petroleum distillates
amylase, protease, lipase
citric acid and sodium chloride
acetone
hydrofluoric acid, oxalic acid
sodium thiosulfate
terpene
acetic acid

These chemicals you can use
post #6 of Old 09-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Re:cleaning floor tile

Isn't it also going to depend on what kind of tile you're dealing with? I.E. ceramic,VCT, etc...
post #7 of Old 10-07-2010, 06:16 PM

For ceramic tile you could try mixing together 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/2 tsp. detergent in the spray bottle then scrubbing. You may need to repeat the treatment with an additional 1/2 cup of lemon juice for resistant hard water stains.
post #8 of Old 03-23-2011, 12:28 AM

How to maintain your floors?

The home of many important parts of the decks that do not agree with the majority of good will should know the best way to clean floor tiles from people who have.
Part finished cleaning definitely very well with the tile floor neat and clean. Leave the area is too big or small, clean and best way to do the right thing is always a need for cleaning and floor free of the disease, and protection. And detergents, cleaning tools, cleaning the streets, these things must be carefully chosen and are in use.

The best apparatus for cleaning floor tiles
Clean vacuum tile floor requires a strong, but soft rubber or brushes. Them with a cloth or sponge and cover better. This will remove dust and grime, sticky and greasy more easily.

First the tiles as walkways, stone, those are not closed to the use of aggressive and difficult to brush / vacuum to remove dirt and well.

Take advantage of the vacuum cleaner is great with the nozzle extension is provided with a series of plastic and not just the end of the blower or vacuum to clean the tiles

The end of the rubber cleaning tool of Bush with a long handle and the officer to enter the water to remove the water helps to clean the tile floor.

The tiles can be cleaned and not automatic, but is particularly suitable for covering a large area.

Last edited by mold removal tampa; 04-06-2011 at 02:46 AM.
post #9 of Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marry View Post
Acid can also used. Also the baking soda works well.
Acid on floors? I guess that would be absolutely detrimental!
post #10 of Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 PM

I think that the type of the tiles does not make any difference. What do you think?

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #11 of Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 AM

Try with vinegar and warm water. It works at home. I use it for polishing only. White marks with at least get softer and easy to scrub away.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #12 of Old 10-10-2011, 04:14 AM

I think, Vinegar is the best for floor. you should never use vinegar on marble floors. Apply the vinegar solution to the floor with your wet mop, and allow to dry. It will make your floor sparkle once again and bring it back to life.
post #13 of Old 10-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharperCleaning View Post
I think, Vinegar is the best for floor. you should never use vinegar on marble floors. Apply the vinegar solution to the floor with your wet mop, and allow to dry. It will make your floor sparkle once again and bring it back to life.
Is it ok to use greasy polishers on marble tiles, they get slippery, but well-polished.I try to mop them, but eventually, they are slippery again.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #14 of Old 10-19-2011, 01:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mazharshah Send a message via Skype™ to mazharshah
Well Congrats to you.. Here are some cleaning stuff for you..But make sure you have experience staff?

citric acid and sodium chloride
acetone
hydrofluoric acid, oxalic acid
sodium thiosulfate
terpene
acetic acid

THX
Mazhar
post #15 of Old 11-29-2011, 06:01 AM

Baking soda works pretty well and it's also a very cheap way to do it. I keep my floors clean with that.
post #16 of Old 05-14-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mold removal tampa View Post

How to maintain your floors?
The home of many important parts of the decks that do not agree with the majority of good will should know the best way to clean floor tiles from people who have. Part finished cleaning definitely very well with the tile floor neat and clean. Leave the area is too big or small, clean and best way to do the right thing is always a need for cleaning and floor free of the disease, and protection. And detergents, cleaning tools, cleaning the streets, these things must be carefully chosen and are in use.

The best apparatus for cleaning floor tiles
Clean vacuum tile floor requires a strong, but soft rubber or brushes. Them with a cloth or sponge and cover better. This will remove dust and grime, sticky and greasy more easily.

First the tiles as walkways, stone, those are not closed to the use of aggressive and difficult to brush / vacuum to remove dirt and well.

Take advantage of the vacuum cleaner is great with the nozzle extension is provided with a series of plastic and not just the end of the blower or vacuum to clean the tiles

The end of the rubber cleaning tool of Bush with a long handle and the officer to enter the water to remove the water helps to clean the tile floor.

The tiles can be cleaned and not automatic, but is particularly suitable for covering a large area.

Well, all these tips are very much useful. As it difficult, it seems washing and maintaining floor is is not that bad. If you will discover the interest to do so, you may as well appreciate a wonderful and bright ground for provided that you wanted.
post #17 of Old 05-17-2012, 02:39 AM

Easy shine multi use floorcare product gives you a excellent positive result for clean white satins. It is suitable for most floors like vinyl,asphalt,marble etc. It is quick and easy to use and provide a slip resistant and glossy finish.
post #18 of Old 07-23-2012, 08:45 AM

The purpose for which ammonia is used is cleaning and its a good cleaning agent because it helps in removing stubborn stains and dirt from the floor and glass surface. If we use ammonia with ease and in its full concentration or even diluted with water or soap to serve as good cleaning agent.

nyc smoke damage cleanup
post #19 of Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 AM

I use easy shine with my clients and with our other potent mixture it gives us excellent results.
post #20 of Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 AM

You should take help of some Carpet Cleaning Company that offers carpet, upholstery and floor cleaning services. They have the right equipment and chemicals that could solve your problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode