Floor Scrubber ???? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-12-2014, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Floor Scrubber ????

I'm ready to get a floor scrubber and have some ??? Looking for some advice, please
--Some scrubbers have 2 brushes some have 1. Is there a diff in the results?
--What should I look for in a good/best floor scrubber? brush speed? Tank size?
--Is there a Brand or manufacturer that is better, I have read on this forum that some have had probs with Tenant--as an example.
--Suggest a scrubber Brand or type for commercial kitchen tile & grout and vct/vinyl floors?
---Can a floor scrubber be used on a natural type of flooring such as Marmoleum or a Dance poly vinyl type of floor?
Thank you.
Brad bdjanitorial.com

PS I have searched thru the forums for this topic and didn't find any specific answers to my ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-25-2014, 01:55 PM

Floor Machines

bdjanitorial,

Have you considered using a square orbital floor machine instead of a walk behind for these floor types? One that you can switch out the pad and work on different floor types? For example, for your kitchen tile and grout, use a tile and grout pad. Then using the same machine, prep VCT. Do you primarily chemical strip VCT or have you tried the dry prep method? For Marmoleum cleaning, it seems that the smaller orbital machines combined with a non-abrasive pad work best according to Forbo, a Marmoleum manufacturer.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Thank you SqSb

Thanks for the square scrubber suggestion. I have see these units on youtube.
Right now mostly commercial kitchen floor cleaning and possibly a large vct tile floor cleaning job.
We're still looking at the different machines and what they can/can't do. We looked at a T1 by tenant--small floor scrubber, no demo just got to look at it, pick it up to see how heavy it is, see the 2 tanks + brush roller.
Brad bdjanitorial.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-10-2014, 03:39 AM

If you're doing just personal cleaning jobs, you could go with a Shark Sonic Duo. The best feature of this product is the wood polish. However, this is machine not meant to be used intensively IMO.
post #5 of Old 10-10-2014, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

JasonMoe
Thanks for your reply. I am looking for a commercial floor scrubber to do 2000 sq ft to 5000 sq ft. Brad bdjanitorial.com
post #6 of Old 10-14-2014, 07:04 AM

In that case, you could try a Saber or a Tennant, but these cost around $5k. Personally, I've tested a Saber micro, it works great and smooth. It's a pleasure to handle it.

Check out my blog on vacuum cleaner reviews
post #7 of Old 01-13-2015, 03:14 PM

Good Machine for Cleaning Hardwood Floors

Until I discovered the Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner, I was taught cleaning hardwood floors in kitchens the old-fashioned way: like Cinderella. Although this is a very effective way for cleaning hardwood floors in kitchens, it is also very hard on your knees. If you are not wearing knee pads, which I never do, after a while especially tile floors can feel like broken glass on your knees. Ouch! And when you are finished scrubbing the kitchen floor, your knees are red and swollen.

Then I got smarter. I went from cleaning hardwood floors in kitchens on my hands and knees to using a unique mop system. What makes this system so unique is that instead of using a traditional mob head whose hairs only tangle like a bad hair day in the washing machine, I use a 100% cotton hand towel.

I used this unquiet hand towel mop system for years until my mother splurged and bought a floor cleaning machine called the Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner for $150 from QVC . I admit. I was skeptical at first. It came with a pad you could not ring out, well, you could if you took the pad off after every few cleaning paths on the floor.

First you feel the cleaning tank bottle on the Shark with cold water and hard floor cleaning solution. The ratio, I believe, is 7:1ó1 part of cleaning solution to every 7 parts of cold water, and the solution for hard floors is green. Then you click the tank upside down or nozzle end down in place. Then you simply attach the green floor pad with Velcro to the bottom of the machine by lifting the light machine and placing the base down on the pad.

The Shark works like an upright vacuum cleaner and a tamper. You start the machine by pulling back on the handle. On the handle shaft is a button that when pressed sprays out cleaning solution in a wide 45-degree angle. You can control the amount of solution you spray on the floor by the amount of pressure you put on the spray button.

I admit. Once the Shark is engaged it is easy to maneuver and control. It seems to float across the floor and really does clean the floor. The base of the handle shaft on the machine also pivots cleaning hard floors, reaching corners and crevices. What I also like about the Shark is that it is not cordless and comes with plenty of cord, probably 20 ft. I highly recommend the Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner machine for cleaning hardwood floors.
post #8 of Old 01-28-2015, 11:29 PM

Well dear I donít know how to clean the floor. Actually I never tried this at my own. My mother has hired house cleaners and all the cleaning work is done by them. We havenít any issues in their work. Our house cleaners provide best cleaning services.

Last edited by Natasha18; 02-01-2015 at 11:28 PM.
post #9 of Old 01-29-2015, 08:34 AM

I have handled electric floor scrubbers and so far the Saber Micro 12 is the one that stood out. They are very versatile and are rather easy to work with. I personally rarely do commercial jobs these days so I'm not that updated with newer equipment. I heard the Tennant Model 186 is also good and is cheaper at 2k or so.

-Paul

__________________________________________________ _______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Enjoy massive daily discounts on cleaning and office wholesale supplies @
www.northlandwholesale.com
post #10 of Old 02-27-2015, 08:45 AM

I just purchased a Clarke ride-around and love the hell out of it.. did 9000 sq ft on one charge . Holds 25 gallons and you ride around. Can't beat it. They are expensive. Find one used. You will love it.
post #11 of Old 03-16-2015, 06:31 AM

The best floor scrubber will help keep floors clean without damaging them, yet should also be easy to use. The type of floor you have and the amount of space you are cleaning can largely determine the right model.

Last edited by stevewilliams; 03-27-2015 at 11:31 PM.
post #12 of Old 03-23-2015, 01:51 AM

Thanks to all member for the square scrubber suggestion. I have handled and give services electric floor scrubbers and so far the Saber Micro 12 is the one that stood out. The type of floor you have and the amount of space you are cleaning can largely determine the right model. Jeananne cleaning services
post #13 of Old 09-01-2015, 04:16 AM

I find alot of useful information here. Many thanks all!!

Visit my blog about best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors here: http://bvacuumhq.com/
post #14 of Old 09-01-2015, 07:14 AM

Floor scrubber

These floor scrubbers are best:
  • Pullman Holt B200752 Gloss Boss Mini Floor Scrubber
  • Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
  • Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Orbiter Floor Machine
  • KOBLENZ P 2500 A Floor Cleaning Machine

Nontoxic cleaner
eco friendly cleaner degreaser
post #15 of Old 09-11-2016, 01:04 AM

hi
I think it depends on your application if you are going to clean small to medium area with thigh space, a handy walk-behind scrubber is right for you I mean a scrubber with one brush and small tank but for large areas, you definitely need more powerful machines which are known as industrial floor scrubber
post #16 of Old 09-11-2016, 09:53 AM

Some scrubbers have 2 brushes some have 1. Is there a diff in the results?
Ans: Yes.
post #17 of Old 10-07-2016, 06:14 PM

Used Floor Scrubber

I'm looking to clean a 15,000sf warehouse space on a monthly basis. The floor is mostly polished concrete (some area's not polished). I've looked on ebay and craigslist to see what type of machines are available an the price range is all over the place. I have zero experience with these machines and was hoping someone could shed some light on the basics before I start making phones calls.

How wide of a machine would you recommend?

So far I've seen floor scrubbers from:
Tennant
Windsor
NSS
Clarke
Cleanfreak (new)

I've seen many places using Tennant machines but they seem to be the most expensive. Can anyone recommend a particular brand as being the best bang for the buck? Or maybe a brand which doesn't require much maintainance? Or easy servicing and cheap spare parts?

TIA
post #18 of Old 10-13-2016, 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=alvinphill;78281]These floor scrubbers are best:
  • Pullman Holt B200752 Gloss Boss Mini Floor Scrubber
  • Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
  • Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Orbiter Floor Machine
  • KOBLENZ P 2500 A Floor Cleaning Machine
QUOTE]

I test drove that Oreck yesterday. Buying one today. I was very impressed with how easy it was to handle and its light weight. I don't think it would be appropriate for very large jobs or jobs that have a lot of open floor space because of its size, but for spot cleaning and jobs where you have a lot of small rooms it should work very well.
post #19 of Old 11-04-2016, 01:36 PM

For the floors in you house; definitely Shark Sonic Duo.

I know that's already been mentioned though...
post #20 of Old 11-10-2016, 11:02 PM

I love the Hoover Floor Mated Deluxe FH40160PC with its spinning brushes that can gently scrub on most angles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode