HUGE problem, i don't know whats wrong - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-30-2009, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

HUGE problem, i don't know whats wrong

Okay so first i will list the back ground (this is for a strip and wax job)
the floor is aprox. 1200 sq feet
tiles are 12 x 12 linolium, the floor it has been down for 11 months. and was stripped once by me 2 months after it was laid (also the tiles are a chocolate brown) the first time the floor came out just perfect, i appllied 4 coats of 18% high gloss wax after stripping off the factory finish.
now here is where it gets fuzzy. the place flooded twice in janruary both time water receded within 24 hours, my company went in to do the clean up, which mostly was cleaning the sediment off the floor, we used a neutral floor cleaner and washed it 4 times.
when i went in to stip this weekend the colour bled out of the floor really badly but not all over i know that all of the wax was removed except in one corner which was intentional, also one section was scrubed with a blue pad and some detergent from a different manufacturer which still resulted in the same problem the blue pad actually stripped down to tile which has never happend before.
in one section some stripper ran down the floor and pooled which is normally not a big deal but when i stripped the the rest of the floor around it, the pool had more or less bleached the tile.
i'm at my wits end on this one, it simply makes no sense
we have been using these chemicals for over 12 years, and we deal directly with the manufacturer so i know there has been no change in the composition of the stripper or wax, i have six coats of wax in a section which still looks as if it's being sucked in to the tile.
i know there is a lot to absorb here, but if there is any information missing let me know. i need a difintive explanation for this.
it's not my first floor job either i've been doing this for 6 years and have never seen anything like this before, what can i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-04-2009, 05:12 PM

wow. sorry that i can't help with this question. might i suggest calling a few cleaning companies out of your local phone book and asking them the question from a customer view? or maybe the manufacturer you mentioned?
post #3 of Old 04-07-2009, 06:54 AM

Hey go through the details given below and speak with them, I think they can help you.

Call FREE : 0203 326 1126
Address: 2 Cowick Road
Southfields, London
SW17 8PF
E-mail: [email protected]
________
AsianFantasy live

Last edited by mikerike; 09-15-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-03-2009, 04:36 PM

I think it's fair to say that everyone's worst nightmare is a bad strip/wax job. No matter how well you train, there are always new variables that pop up.

Maybe that's why so few cleaning companies provide this service.

I hope everything works out for you.
post #5 of Old 05-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Maybe

When you took off the factory finish and applied wax it was protected and then stripped it the colour bled out. I look at a factory finish like a laminate. Since the floor is vinyl print with a coating you may have removed the factory coating and exposed the print/color to the harsh elements. A harsh wax remover would of course destroy the colour.
Is it standard practise to remove the factory finish?
My guess. Sorry for your trouble.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode