Marble and Hardwood Polishing - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
CSI

Talking Marble and Hardwood Polishing

Hi Everybody,
I am getting back into the floor maintenance business after being away for nearly 25 years. With all the hardwood and marble that is being used, I was wondering what your advice would be on polishing these floors...I purchased a two speed 20 inch buffer recently. Are white polishing pads recommended? What products seem to work the best to provide a shine? Thanks for your help. I think it's great that this forum is here to help one another! Lord knows I'll need it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM

I don’t know much about wood floors, but I do natural stone restoration for long time. My advice to you is to start with taking some stone restoration courses. Trust me it is the most difficult trade out there. Marble is polished by friction and abrasion so you need to use diamond pads, polishing powders, heavy duty weighted machines and the list goes on and on, but the most important is to get some education in this area first, or you will pay big bucks to buy your customers new floors. If you need help with stone restoration schools or anything else, let me know and I will help you.
post #3 of Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
CSI

Thanks Rock

Just wanted to say "thanks" for taking time in answering my question. Sounds like a good insurance policy is in order with marble! Enjoy your weekend.
Scott
CSI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-30-2007, 07:17 AM

I am doing the stone cleaning route to build a list of potential customers for stone restoration. Gives me a better chance to get my feet wet right away after taking classes to use the knowledge while fresh in my mind.
post #5 of Old 04-26-2008, 04:28 PM

PF Hardwood Floor Cleaner and Polish are the best on the market when it comes to cleaning your floors to make them look just like they did the day they were installed!

www.palmettofloorcare.com
post #6 of Old 04-26-2008, 08:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I see the same post on different floor topics...are you selling the PF Floor cleaner, by chance? If so...quit spamming please!

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode