Microfiber Flat Mops vs. Traditional Mops - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Microfiber Flat Mops vs. Traditional Mops

We've been considering switching over to microfiber flat mops from our current traditional mops. The main reasons are less water to be used resulting in floors drying quicker and less chance of slips/falls as well as microfiber mops removing more soil. Looking to see if anyone has used them and what have been your experience, good and bad?

Nu-Wave Cleaning
Serving Gloucester and Camden County NJ
www.nuwavecleaning.com
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-27-2014, 10:13 PM

I definately recommend the old school mops mate. Way Better. Cheers
post #3 of Old 02-25-2014, 06:56 PM

why not a microfiber mop head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-11-2014, 01:30 AM

the cleaning really ,, is too expensive here !!

Cheers
Eng / Mohamed Badawy
http://www.mymicrocleaning.com
post #5 of Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 AM

we use the micro fiber dry sweep mops on our commercial floors in halls and such, way better than standard mops and does a better job.

JEFF FUKA - MANAGING MEMBER
MJK TOTAL CLEANING SERVICES, LLC
post #6 of Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 PM

I've used both and I couldn't say one over the other besides the fact that I like a heavier mop with more strings and bulk. I'd take a heavier, more expensive mop head over a lighter cheaper mop no matter what it's made of.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #7 of Old 05-21-2014, 05:35 AM

I would recommend microfiber mops.. I think it absorbs better..
post #8 of Old 05-23-2014, 03:34 AM

I really liked this*information.

Last edited by Otoredolo; 06-16-2014 at 06:30 AM.
post #9 of Old 05-30-2014, 06:09 PM

Overall benefits with microfiber flat mopping systems are:
  • Mopheads last 5x longer than traditional mops
  • Save on chemical and water usage
  • Faster cleaning time since flat mop rectangular shape (ranges from 16"-24") cover wider areas than a traditional mop
  • No more broken mop bucket wringers since you don't use that in flat mopping
  • Microfiber is more soil absorbent

Especially for restroom cleaning, it is way better to use microfiber flat mops over traditional mops because microfiber flat mops are made of 100% synthetic material. With traditional mops, they just serve as a breeding ground for germs and bacteria since the cotton material rots quickly.

In addition, there are microfiber flat mops with scrubbing strips which will help scrub dirt/soil better.

Waxing
For floor waxing -- you'll waste less wax, spread coats more evenly, wax faster, and do an overall better job.
post #10 of Old 06-25-2014, 11:42 PM

what is flat mopping?
post #11 of Old 01-13-2015, 03:20 PM

Using had towels instead of traditional mops

I don't know about micro-fiber flat mops, but I definitely don't use traditional mops anymore. What I now use are old 100% cotton hand towels. I simply fold the hand towels 2-3 times long ways then clamp them in my mop pole. It's much easier to wash a hand towel than a traditional mop -- hand towels won't tangle like traditional mops do, coming out like a bad-hair day.
post #12 of Old 01-27-2015, 10:19 AM

I have tried both and I stick to microfiber flat mops. It is just more cost efficient, it doesn't strain you as much and its easier to travel with if you do multiple jobs a day.
Traditional mops are a pain to travel with and they eat a lot of cleaning solution.

-Paul

__________________________________________________ _______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Enjoy massive daily discounts on cleaning and office wholesale supplies @
www.northlandwholesale.com
post #13 of Old 02-09-2015, 11:03 AM
wws

I prefer a string mop for cleaning but for refinishing a floor, you cant beat a flat microfiber
post #14 of Old 02-09-2015, 12:04 PM
wws

Here is a link to a floor that I recently did a strip and refinish on. We just ran a bead of finish across the floor and spread it with a microfiber flat mop.

http://www.officecleaningma.com/strip-wax-pawtucket-ri
post #15 of Old 02-19-2015, 07:41 PM

Wink Flat mops vs traditional mops

The flat mops are great because you can throw them in the laundry.Traditional mops can get pretty smelly,plus they are heavy to use and require large mop buckets.

It's way easier to navigate around furniture ,against baseboards and behind toilets.Highly recommend
http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #16 of Old 02-27-2015, 08:40 AM

Ok. So I have been using flat and tube micro-fiber mops and there is no comparison to string. I'm still using the same mops for the past 5 years. Wash and re-use. Flat microfibers for all flat surfaces. The Stick micro mop head and worth every penny. String mops are on way out. I just purchased 200 because I got a deal.
post #17 of Old 06-19-2015, 01:07 AM

flat mops for the win

i have used at lease 15 different ways to wax my floors at one time i even tried sponge mops, flat mops are the way to go. now the reasoning, YES using a string mop does last longer BUT i dont care how good you are with a string mop you can not evenly apply nor cut a tighter line than with a flat mop jug system. now using a flat mop does take some getting used to starting you will find you miss alot of areas. the more experienced you get the easier it is to see these faults before it becoming permanent. also string mops leave what i call a wax grain and has a bairly noticeable bumpyness to it but the flat mops will leave a smooth even surface also if your string mop becomes contaminated you have to get a new bucket and mop or wash it out flat mops you just take off the one you used and put on a new one...........i could go on for a while of why flat mops are better but the best way to find out is to try it.......also i cant stand wax packs just get a jug with a screw on lid and cut a round hole in the top and pour from it.
post #18 of Old 09-10-2015, 06:54 PM

It depends on how dirty the floors are. If there are a lot of stains etc. traditional mopping is best. But if they are pretty clean already flat mops are better as far as I am concerned. I carry both along and make a decision when I am at the house.
post #19 of Old 12-10-2015, 02:07 AM

Arrow Microfiber vs Traditional

I personally feel like it depends on the square footage. If your dealing with a commercial space and want to use a flat mop, good luck....if your considering it, give it a try. I personally don't care for flat mops or microfiber in general, although we do use them for applying wax.
post #20 of Old 12-23-2015, 07:39 PM

Use Microfiber Mops and Towels Better Cleaning, Cheaper in the Long Run

Microfiber cleans a lot better than regular mops and towels. We use them on every commercial cleaning job; the floors, mirrors, counters shine! If you are using them consistently, using proper cleaning techniques you will notice the difference. Microfiber mops and towels will save you money in the long run because, if you train you cleaners right they will use less chemicals while cleaning, you will buy less supplies. Give microfiber a try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode