Need to know signs of poor workmanship - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-19-2011, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Need to know signs of poor workmanship

We have these people that come into to our store that strip and seal the place throughout the year and they are so bad at what they do its not funny but they keep coming back because they are the only guys the companies got. I am an amateur stripper so I would like to know what exactly they are doing wrong so that I don't pick up bad habits
1) They leave black streaks where you can see where their applicator has been while they are laying the polish, it is actually in the polish not just dirt trailing.
2) Where they actually stop and have a cut off there are polish build ups that are yellow is look yuk.
3) Their polish isn't shiny!
4) The night right after they finish strippling and sealing there is already hair immediate into the tile.
5) It is very streaky.
Now this is a terazzo floor and they have 6 guys to do on average 520foot floor.
thanks
Stripper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-21-2011, 02:33 PM

6 guys to cleen 520sf How the hell do they get anythin done cuz they gotta be runing into each other

Sounds like your store mgr ain't got the sense he wuz born with if you ask me and hes thinkin with his wallet insted of his brain
post #3 of Old 04-23-2011, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

I know man! It is ridiculous the amount of peeps they get in, thats why I am asking the question for the signs of poor workmanship so I can say what they are doing wrong and try to get them sacked. It is the area manager that is the one that is organizing all these guys to come in though.
I think that my acts will avail to nothing though because they once had to re strip and seal one part of the floor 7 times. Once a night for a week they came in because it just wasn't good enough =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 PM

this sounds like one those MMM's i hear about on sumof the other boards they take ajob for nuthin and get people who dont no what there doin and will work for nuthin quality dont seem to matter any more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode