polysafe mosaic and carpet tile question - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-20-2011, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

polysafe mosaic and carpet tile question

Hi all was wondering if anyone can help me out as bit new to all this.
Sorry for long story but here goes.

I have been given the job of cleaning and maintaining my local doctor’s surgery which has very high traffic.
Now I’ve tried to scrub one of the floors, which is a POLYSAFE mosaic safety floor with a Numatic loline scrubbing machine using arrow c408 safety floor cleaner in dispensor (not sure if allowed to link so wont).I’ve been using the brown stiff pads for my scrubbing machine.
Unfortunately because the floor hasn’t ever been cleaned since it was put down (approx. 3 years) it’s very dirty so I’m having a hard time getting up all the dirt, its leaving behind little black dots so the floor is looking dirty still.
These do come up with a scrubbing brush and bit of hard work.
I also tried a small section of the floor with flash with bleach which brought the floor up even better BUT I’m not sure if its safe to use bleach on this sort of flooring can anyone please advise ??

My second question is on carpet tiles that have been laid down and again in a high traffic area and hasn’t been cleaned very often.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what sort of chemicals i should be using as i am having a horrible time cleaning the carpet just can’t seem to get the heavy traffic stains out im using a rugdoctor widetrack presprayinging floor with prochem multipro and using prochem extraction pro in machine

Many thanks for any help.

Last edited by cleanfreaky; 08-20-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-21-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanfreaky View Post
Hi all was wondering if anyone can help me out as bit new to all this.
Sorry for long story but here goes.

I have been given the job of cleaning and maintaining my local doctorís surgery which has very high traffic.
Now Iíve tried to scrub one of the floors, which is a POLYSAFE mosaic safety floor with a Numatic loline scrubbing machine using arrow c408 safety floor cleaner in dispensor (not sure if allowed to link so wont).Iíve been using the brown stiff pads for my scrubbing machine.
Unfortunately because the floor hasnít ever been cleaned since it was put down (approx. 3 years) itís very dirty so Iím having a hard time getting up all the dirt, its leaving behind little black dots so the floor is looking dirty still.
These do come up with a scrubbing brush and bit of hard work.
I also tried a small section of the floor with flash with bleach which brought the floor up even better BUT Iím not sure if its safe to use bleach on this sort of flooring can anyone please advise ??

My second question is on carpet tiles that have been laid down and again in a high traffic area and hasnít been cleaned very often.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what sort of chemicals i should be using as i am having a horrible time cleaning the carpet just canít seem to get the heavy traffic stains out im using a rugdoctor widetrack presprayinging floor with prochem multipro and using prochem extraction pro in machine

Many thanks for any help.
I would like to know you that you should avoid to use of bleach on the floor because it will horrible your floor. Second is that you will need to buy high quality carpet tiles cleaner which is available in every local store.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode