Problems with Tennant Equipment - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-25-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Problems with Tennant Equipment

I was wondering what kind of problems you guys have had if you are using Tennant equipment. We are running 2 5680's (one with 2100 hrs and the other with 2600 hours) and a little 5300 with an unknown # of hours (although I would bet that it is twice what the other machines are).

I ask because we are at a point where they are going to need major service, and I was wondering how often the big parts (Motors and transmissions) fail. We have already had to replace one scrub brush motor/gearbox, and We need to get some idea of what the maintenance is going to be like. Batteries don't count.

Thanks!

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-12-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_serf View Post
I was wondering what kind of problems you guys have had if you are using Tennant equipment. We are running 2 5680's (one with 2100 hrs and the other with 2600 hours) and a little 5300 with an unknown # of hours (although I would bet that it is twice what the other machines are).

I ask because we are at a point where they are going to need major service, and I was wondering how often the big parts (Motors and transmissions) fail. We have already had to replace one scrub brush motor/gearbox, and We need to get some idea of what the maintenance is going to be like. Batteries don't count.

Thanks!

Paul

you pay top dollar for their products because they make the best products.

i do not think it will cost you a terrible amount.

let us know how you make out.
post #3 of Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 PM

tennant

tennant equipment is horrible plastic junk and our repair guy is a crook. replacing parts that are not defective. when will walmart wake up and realize they are getting ripped off big time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM
SD1

I concur with the above, I am not impressed with Tennant. It doesnt matter if I am using an autoscrubber for light or heavy duty applications, they are always breaking down. I have an indenpent service guy, I cant afford to pay tennant to take care of their own stuff.
post #5 of Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 AM

Thank you for posting this information!)
post #6 of Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 PM

Yes Tenants can be troublesome at times. Good Luck Mate
post #7 of Old 08-01-2018, 12:03 PM

Hello,
I purchased 5680 September 2016. At first it was wonderful then avout 6 months ago the potentiometer acted up; brushes spun on their way down and kept spinning when machine was idling.
Every time it was fixed, it worked fine for about a month then start up again.

The squeegee is super sensitive and bounces leaving water to be wiped up and the machine slides in waxed floors so badly that I am beginning to check the deep scrub head because I think it permanently engaged and lifting the body so the wheels do no engage properly.

When the deep scrub head is engaged, it gives a down pressure if 200lbs that's why the body and wheels do not engage properly on waxed floors.

Sorry for all this bad news.

If there's anyone out there with experience on the deep scrub head, I would be most greatful for some help

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode