Waxing restroom tile? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-02-2009, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Question Waxing restroom tile?

I work in a highschool and was just wondering can or do they make wax for restroom tile?To keep dirt from building up in the grout.Thanks for info and help-Mr. Janitor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-05-2009, 06:59 PM

I believe a grout sealer would be what your looking for, not a wax or floor finish.
post #3 of Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 AM

I think, you can use vinegar to that,.. Vinegar is a good one in cleaning.

love the way you lie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-20-2010, 01:37 PM

Vinegar doesn't clean. Vinegar has acetic acid which slightly etches the grout. The soils in the restroom are on the acidic side, you need an alkaline cleaner for that. Get a good high solids grout sealer, solvent based. It will not keep dirt out of the grout, it will keep it from staining and will be a little easier to clean.
post #5 of Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 AM

The key is a good grout sealer, but you have to apply several coats for it to work properly. I really dislike applying grout sealer as it is pretty tedious. However, it is way better than cleaning it constantly!

Property Maintenance
Thorough Maintenance, Inc.
858-560-9173
post #6 of Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 PM

Grout Sealers

The other day, I was reading the info on grout sealers and one made the big claim that you could apply to the whole tile and didn't have to worry about it not just being on the grout. Have any of you found getting grout sealers on the tile a problem?

Stephen Snider-ACE Janitorial
post #7 of Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 PM

i agree that grout sealer is the way to go but applying to the whole tile...that's something that only the manufacturer should answer as they are always coming up with new stuff.
post #8 of Old 10-07-2010, 06:05 PM

I also agree that a grout sealer is necessary. Just be aware that there are two main types of grout sealer, and for lack of a better term I will call them "the applicator kind" and the "spray on kind." The smaller the tile size, the more grout you will have. If you happened to install 1" tile, you're in for a lot of grout sealing; if 12" tile, not so much.
post #9 of Old 11-18-2010, 02:20 PM

tile

I have heard that some company make wax for restroom tile and ect never tried it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode