Another newbie... well not so new - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-07-2015, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Another newbie... well not so new

Hello everyone... I am a former Jani-King franchisee and I have decided to go out on my own. I was a franchisee about 15 years ago or so and I was able to make a living with them for a while. Operationally I feel very sound but it is the sales, marketing and the true business owner aspect that I am a little weak. I certainly don't mind speaking to people and I am not shy nor timid but I just lack the experience in the professional end of the business. Do you guys have any suggestions? I am looking fo calculators (software or spreadsheets) for bidding, sample contracts and just any forms that can help. I have already started putting the businees together from cards, brochures, business name and website. I have set a target start date of Nov 15 (give or take depending) to begin marketing and operations. I will be doing this part time in the beginning as I am currently a school teacher (private school computer teacher). I love what I do and the kids but teaching just doesn't pay. I am also a disabled veteran. But I would love to get any suggestions from any of you guys to make this venture work and the quickest way to get my teaching income replaced.

I will hire cleaners and inspect every night (assuming I get a contract sometime ) until I can replace my income. I plan on marketing right after school and being at a private school I do have contacts in the business community that could potentially be of help.

Thanks for any advice!

Sorry.. I posted this originally in another thread and should have probably posted here first. Couldn't figure out how to move it so I just copied it... sorry for any confussion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-09-2015, 12:09 PM

Goodworks
I have 2 Jan-Pro accounts and no more for me.
I use Excel to calculate bids: list each room, objects to clean, restrooms, etc then plugin my cleaning time for each area, object.
Peruse your JaniKing contracts for ideas on how JaniKing spells out the terms & conditions of the agreement, then incorporate those terms & conditions in your own words into your agreements.
Prosperity to you and thank you for your service.
There is a free course on Landing Pages, I found the 1st lesson valuable.. at http://thelandingpagecourse.com/landing-page-101-intro/
Brad BD Janitorial
post #3 of Old 10-20-2015, 12:48 AM

Good work, goodworks! Welcome to the conversation!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode