Join Date: Aug 2017
Fire Damage Restoration Tips
When Fire Damage has affected Your Life, Take Precautions to Stay Safe in the Aftermath. Tips from Stanley Restoration
1. Be very aware of your surroundings ó slipping hazards, electrical hazards, and health hazards may be present. *When in doubt, do not enter the damaged area.
2. Wait for the fire department or fire inspector to give permission to enter the structure. *
3. *Contact a professional restoration company with a reliable reputation
It's also important to know what NOT to do.
1. Do not*enter the structure unless given permission by the authorities. *Certain areas may be under investigation for several days to weeks after the fire. *Take care to avoid these areas so the investigators and insurance personnel can do their jobs in an expedited fashion.
2. Do not attempt to operate or remove any type of electronic device such as TVís, etc. *Electronics must be cleaned professionally by a restoration company.
3. Do not attempt to lift water-logged items. *Saturated items are deceptively heavy and could cause injury.