Great Forum - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-02-2015, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Great Forum

I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading all of the posts. My cleaning service is located in the Louisville, KY area. Is there anyone else here from Louisville? I look forward to posting and contributing in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-02-2015, 01:10 PM

You will never know because everyone in the cleaning business is afraid of others in their area except me and a very few others. They think we are going to steal their customers.
post #3 of Old 06-02-2015, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

I think there's enough business to go around. Competition is a good thing anyway. Lol. Where are you located Sprintcar? How long have you been in the business?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-02-2015, 03:31 PM

I live in the Fort Worth, Texas area although I was in the Nebraska area for several years. I've been trying to escape this asylum since 1998. I got in and now I can't get out.

Yes, there is enough for everyone but lately people are scared for some reason. Back when these boards first started, in the late 90's, we all called each other, went to see each other and knew everything about each other.... nowadays if people find out I'm in their area.... they leave the board. Or if they find out you are in Louisville and that's where they live, they won't say another word about how they do things.

Welcome to the board! I lived in Lexington back in 1985 for a few months. Nowadays we go to Hazard (way out in the boonies) to see the lil woman's family.
post #5 of Old 06-02-2015, 03:43 PM

Hey Sprint, I live in Midlothian Texas. New to the site as of today. I've been reading some of your posts and agree with what you are saying on most. Very glad to meet you. Hope to hear and learn more from you and the others.
post #6 of Old 06-02-2015, 06:53 PM

Lots of racecar drivers from down your way. I live up in the north Ft Worth/Keller area.

How long have you been in business? Janitorial or residential?
post #7 of Old 06-03-2015, 09:33 AM

Sprint, my wife has been cleaning since July of last year doing residential only. She has a been keeping a few customers as her core business but she is starting to get more as she progresses the business. Most have come by word of mouth but we are working on a flyer to and are going to be distributing them to some small businesses and residential areas within the next two weeks in the Midlothian and Waxahachie area. Printing them on the our printer to keep costs down.

Funny you bring up racing. My family has been in sprint car racing for as long as I can remember. My dad drove, my grandfather built them and my cousin is carrying on the tradition of driving up in Oklahoma.
post #8 of Old 06-03-2015, 09:35 AM

Before moving to Midlothian three years ago, we had a house up in Roanoke. We live there from 2002 to 2012. We've watched that area grow and it's really been amazing to see it go from pasture land to a huge residential area. Especially in Keller.
post #9 of Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM

What is your cousin's and dad's name? If I don't know them I have 100 friends that do, I'm sure. lol Me and 3 friends are headed to Nebraska Thursday evening for a Friday and Saturday night race.

We were at Babe's Chicken in Roanoke a few weeks ago. The old-time downtown area is great there.

I'm not very familiar with Waxahachie but I know if I was in your area I'd head to Mansfield. I think there is a ton of money to be made there.

As for the flyer... keep it centered..... good heading at top.... don't make the print so small you need a magnifying glass to read it.... good body that tells why they should call you.... phone number at the bottom.... IF you just must have a company name on it, put it at the bottom.... If you just must have a cute little picture put it on a separate piece of paper and throw it away .... keep the flyer so they can read it in under 20 seconds.... and that doesn't mean speed reading.

If you have a website and want that address on there put it at the bottom. I lead people to my phone because I want to talk to them so I get their business. If I lead people to my website there is no telling how many customers I'd miss out on.

And if y'all decide you need a partner in Mansfield let me know. I can have that phone ringing 24 hours a day and if I don't, you can come on here and tell people I'm a damn liar and have no clue what I'm doing.
post #10 of Old 06-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Cousins name is Mike Goodson and Dad's name is Bari, uncle's name is Ernest Goodson. All of them out of the Ardmore Oklahoma area.

Mansfield is next on the list for expanding into after we expand into Waxahachie. Probably spend the next two or three months handing out flyers and knocking on doors in Wax and then move into Mansfield after that. Will keep you in mind on Mansfield if all goes well.

Noted on the flyer information and agree.
post #11 of Old 06-03-2015, 01:50 PM

Cousin races IMAC modified
post #12 of Old 06-03-2015, 01:56 PM

Are you heading up to see the World of Outlaws up there at I-80 Speedway?
post #13 of Old 06-03-2015, 01:59 PM

Ooohh, so your cousin has been racing a long time. Is he the 10g? I don't know your dad or uncle but I'm sure the guys I hang with do. Do you ever go racing?

I just hired another girl today so we will see how she works out.
post #14 of Old 06-03-2015, 07:20 PM

Yep, he's 10g. Good luck with the new hire. How many do you employ?
post #15 of Old 06-03-2015, 07:52 PM

I was headed up there to I-80 Friday and Eagle Saturday but there is a 70% chance of rain. I wanted to show 3 of my friends those tracks because they are so much better than any down here. We are now debating on Little Rock Friday night and Memphis Saturday. lol Or maybe Waco Friday and Kennedale Saturday and try Eagle next week. We are undecided at this point. The little woman had to go to San Francisco for work and won't be back until about 8pm Thursday night so I guess it works out good that we might not go to Nebraska.

Right now I have 2 plus the new girl. I used to have 15 workers and 225+ customers. I'd love to do that again but I need a female to help that has a brain and isn't afraid to use it. The one lady I have right now has a brain but she is scared to use it for some reason.....
post #16 of Old 06-03-2015, 08:08 PM

Lol, that does put a damper on getting larger.
post #17 of Old 06-03-2015, 08:32 PM

I'm ok with staying small, I just really loved the way I had it set up and how easily it flowed. I start other businesses and sell them sometimes but I some how seem to stay in the cleaning business. I can do it all in my sleep so it's hard to tear myself away.

Oh yeah.... going to Waco & Kennedale and then to Nebraska next week. lol
post #18 of Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 PM

That's kind of the way I look at the wife cleaning. I don't know if she is dedicated enough to make it big but I'm letting her test the waters.
post #19 of Old 06-03-2015, 10:36 PM

What type of work do you do if you don't mind me asking.
post #20 of Old 06-04-2015, 04:48 AM

I'm a audit manager for a oil & gas company.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode