hellllooo I am new. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-05-2009, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up hellllooo I am new.

I am new to the bus. I did do some janitorial as a teen. I had lost my company and house, marraige on the rocks and needed a solution. I have done many things for work and have been self employed for 15 yrs. I have run a sales company and the last was a landscape co. I have done well but have always taken heavy risks that have now cost me everything. So if I do not learn from my mistakes then I truly am crazy. this being said I have started both of those companys with almost nothing and made a good living since.
This being said I need to support my family and live how could this be accomplished? I had gone to work for others in the past 2 yrs. and 1. they could not pay me the amount I needed to live. 2. I am a bad employee, I do know how to make money. why take less. I am not a know it all, by any means. 3. I had gone into business to be a little more free.
OK some may say well self employed you work 90 hrs a day 700days a yr.
I do love to work and long hard laboring days are not scary to me.
I have always been a hard worker and will do what it takes to succeed.
So I am strapped for work can't get any contracts in construction working for someone does not pay. I need a solution! I have had one job that I needed to call some assoc. to help with, these guys all drove up in new trucks or fairly new. I know that these people make between 1-200 per day and do at least one job per day. I needed to get back to the basics and think so I was talking to a friend and he was complaining about his janitorial service. I said I had nothing to do and would be happy to take over and give the same quality that I have in all of my careers. He say OK, I have no idea what the last guys did. I figure easy vacuum dust empty the trash. well after the first month I was getting note on I was not mopping. I figured after the first how dirty can it get and to do this task 2 x a month. Right? WRONG!!! So the learning begins I start readyng articles looking on line asking old employees wifes that are doing residential. I google cleaning forums and here I am. since bigining I have 3 accounts, I started cleaning windows durring the day. Things are starting to move forward I also have been getting some other side work but I have been staying focused on this cleaning business. As I think this can be real good if done properly. I have learned to walk before running. so I am moving at a pace that is modest and setting up the company the right way. I should have a web site in a month or so.
I have been reading a lot and have ben taking it all in I love the forums online I get a lot out of peoples opiniuns and experiances.

So Thanks Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Start pressure washing, its not easy money but there is residential & commercial in Cali.
post #3 of Old 06-05-2009, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

One of the things I did last year was work with DWP and there is a mandate on water now is this affecting the bus? I never see the guys that use to do the mall near me anymore and have heard that a lot of Co. have cut that out of the budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewman View Post
One of the things I did last year was work with DWP and there is a mandate on water now is this affecting the bus? I never see the guys that use to do the mall near me anymore and have heard that a lot of Co. have cut that out of the budget.

I have only had a few people out of hundreds stop pressure washing. Sold 11 centers today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode