HELLO ALL! I am new and saying hello! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-29-2015, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Talking HELLO ALL! I am new and saying hello!

Hi my name is Shana I live in the Tampa area. My husband and I decided to start a cleaning business about a year ago and it went nuts right away. But about 3 months ago it had slacked off(not sure why). We have kept pushing forward and even though we have started in the residential industry we have recently got some pretty big contracts with commercial and event cleaning. I however do not know much about these. I am hoping this forum can kinda help me transition from residential to commercial cleaning. Thanks for reading!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Hi, Shana. I live in Orlando and just recently started residential cleaning business with my partner. We have just gotten our first client. What would you recommend for getting business, since you said yours took off right away. Thanks for input and sorry wasn't any help for your question
post #3 of Old 11-02-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Hello Premiere Cleaning Orlando and congratulations on your new business venture When we started about a year ago I was posting ads on craigslist and we got crazy business. A lot of customers complemented me on our logo and flyer that I had used on craigslist. I tried to make it more professional looking as I see a lot of logos on there that are "cheesy". After we started taking off we also got a lot of repeat business and tons of referrals. Word of mouth is one of the best advertisers but you got to get out there first. I also did a website where people could book appointments and pay online and I have a lot of people who have found us that way and used the online system. Flyers are a must make them and leave them everywhere! Also if you can get magnetic sign for your car that is one of the best ways to advertise. This time of year also seems to be really good for business, so start advertising and you should definitely get good business. Good luck on everything)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 PM

Do people book on your website without you coming out to look at the property? If so, has that been working out well? I really like the idea of letting people book immediately but I'm afraid of getting burned.
post #5 of Old 11-03-2015, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the ideas! I will take everything you said and try to do.
post #6 of Old 11-04-2015, 03:59 AM

Shana, it's awesome that things took off right away. People's stories don't often seem to start that way, so good for you! I'm in commercial cleaning (I've had a handful of residential jobs, so not really the norm for me, but I do 'em) myself and took the time to get started right. I put together a good-looking logo, built my own website and started trying to climb the ranks on Google. Whether or not a good logo helps sales, I feel more confident knowing my company stands out from the pack. I'm glad I did it.

The magnetic sign on my vehicle is the only thing I haven't done yet. Any recommendations on how best to do that? Did you buy in bulk or just have a few made? What company did you use?

Also, how easy was it to set up booking and payment on your website? Did you add those features yourself or get help? I'm pretty tech-savvy, but my ability to script and/or code stuff like that is pretty lacking.

Again, congratulations. I hope things pick back up for you guys.

Jon Lee of Fail-Safe Cleaning Solutions, Office, Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Services in Amarillo, TX. Target: Perfection.
post #7 of Old 12-26-2015, 10:27 AM

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
post #8 of Old 01-11-2016, 05:15 PM

Welcome!

First Choice Cleaning Services
1722 Newport Gap Pike
Wilmington, DE 19808
firstchoicede.com
post #9 of Old 01-27-2016, 04:18 AM

Hello all,
I am posting this on behalf of the love of my life. These are her words. Much love to all.
post #10 of Old 02-02-2016, 07:24 PM

Hello! I'm Ryan, Owner of Ultimate Roof Cleaning here in Fort Wayne,IN.

www.UltimateRoofCleaning.com

Tags
commercial cleaning , event cleaning , newbie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode