Hello from the Great White North! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-17-2007, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Hello from the Great White North!

Hello all,
Looks like a great site to gather info, suggestions, provide info and to just chat about our businesses. I'm looking forward to spending time 'hanging' around.

I'm fairly new to the small business world, I started a Dry Ice Blasting company that specializes in cleaning Food Processing equipment, Plastic/Adhesives manufacturing, Electric motors and just starting into Mold Remediation - oh and I do Fire Restoration (removal of soot) as well.

I'm based in Ontario, Canada just outside of Toronto.

In my first six months of operation and loving the feeling of owning my own business however there certainly is stress involved that makes me crazy sometimes.

Are there any other Dry Ice contractors here?

Thanks,

Mike

www.co2solutions.ca

Last edited by CO2 Solutions; 04-17-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 PM

Welcome to cleaningtalk.com Mike.

I am interested in hearing more about your business. It intrigues me that Dry ice blasting can do so much. How did you get into this line of cleaning?
post #3 of Old 04-17-2007, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the Welcome!

A friend of mine worked as a Materials Manager for a Food Processing plant in Germany, one day while I was throwing out different business ideas he mentioned how this cleaning crew used to come into the plant and clean all their processing equipment with Dry Ice blasting machines - he was impressed how effective and effiecient it was ---- from there I did my research and 4 months later purchased my equipment and away i went.

Dry Ice Blasting is pretty cool, after the cleaning process the only thing to clean up is the substrate (whatever you cleaned off) as the Dry Ice sublimates (returns to gas form). Really cool is last week I was cleaning a warehouse and was able to clean over top of the electrical (lighting fixtures, control panels etc.) while still on...there's no moisture and it's no conductive. Every job I learn more and more.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-17-2007, 08:38 PM

Wow, what can I say, I will be very interested in hearing more as you choose to share.

I think the most appealing fact to CO2 cleaning for me is that fact that it is a great "Green" method of cleaning.
post #5 of Old 04-17-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

yeah, the 'Green' side of CO2 Blasting was a selling point for myself as well. I use recycled CO2, and in the cleaning process no chemicals etc. are used...therefore no extra disposal, my clients love that thus far.
post #6 of Old 04-17-2007, 11:51 PM

So have you done any mold work as of yet?
post #7 of Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 AM

Welcome,

What an interesting green concept. I had no idea that this service was even available. Congratulations go out to you for helping out the environment

Would love to hear more. Headed to your web site now.

suzi g
post #8 of Old 04-18-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

yeah, contracted out for one Mold job and tested on Mold prior to that...it works great, cleans the framing off perfectly. Dry Ice Blasting removes the Mold from the contaminated surface 100%...

Thanks suzi g,

Mike
post #9 of Old 04-18-2007, 05:48 PM

Welcome Mike
I must say that dry ice blasting is pretty cool. No pun intended.
Ill have to do a little research on my part, this could be an add on service or stand alone business for us.

Also Id like to add I was born not to far from Peterborough in Gravenhurst, we lived near Beaumaris on Lake Muskoka.
My family still has the island, we would stay there the whole summer when I was a kid.
Go.Perterborough Petes!

Again Welcome.
post #10 of Old 04-18-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome Dirty Talk!
It's still in your blood(the Petes!)...LOL!
I know Gravenhurst well, nice area...I'm sure the island is a nice getaway...

I'm not sure what your business is but Dry Ice blasting is certainly worth the look. let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
post #11 of Old 04-20-2007, 12:19 PM

Mike thanks for the feedback.
Our company is primarily post construction services, both custom residential and commercial.
We are not a BSC or industrial cleaning company but we sometimes get roped into cleaning existing warehouses and businesses. Because of our general contractor clients, we are involved in plant additions and up-fits and are sometimes asked to clean existing spaces.

Last week we cleaned a very dirty 40,000 sf. vacant manufacturing space but wasnt able to use water on walls and ceiling due to electrical wiring and components. Everything had to be wiped down by hand from lifts.

We do have a large company, Rockwell Automation in Greenville providing this service now.
http://www.dodge-reliance.com/power_...f/RAPS1529.pdf

Drew

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode