Hello from MO - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-20-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Post Hello from MO

Hello From Southwest Missouri. Joined yesterday, was looking for info on what to charge for washing windows, etc; Came across this site thought it looked interesting. So here I am. HELLO EVERYONE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 PM

Greetings Justcookie, you caught the board at a busy time of the year, everyone is running around either working hard or shopping hard, so please don't get too discouraged if not alot of people greet you right away. I myself just got in from running around and need to get myself settled in and then I will attempt to answer your questions about window washing......

In the meanwhile ~ greetings and Merry Christmas
post #3 of Old 12-21-2006, 12:31 AM

Welcome Justcookie!
I think you'll find this site very helpfull.

Some window washers will give a price per window. Others will price the whole job. Big variation in prices from one company to another.
It depends on window size, Both inside and out or not, One story or more etc.
Example: We sub out one building 2 story 180 windows outside only and it costs us $490.00. We add 15% and bill our customer.
If we do the job we estimate time and charge accordingly. It depends on how much you want to make.

Of course I'm doing commercial work and not residential.

Joey D.

Last edited by Joey D; 12-21-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-21-2006, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks for the welcomes

Thank you Joey,for the reply, and the nice welcome. Every thing is of interest, when it comes to cleaning. I'd seen on another site..."how much do you want to make" Quoted $45 an hour. Some of the things I have read I'm way to cheap. Back 20 years ago, first started cleaning res. with a lady, $4 an hour. We waashed windows inside and out for 2.50 a window. **That was back in the day ** As we say here!

Merry Christmas, Cookie

Last edited by justcookie; 12-21-2006 at 04:19 AM. Reason: put in a comma
post #5 of Old 12-21-2006, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the nice welcome. I do have some guestions. I Remember getting 2.50 per window and we split it, that was 20 years old. First off I've been on this doublewide m.home over 40 hrs now. (It's a friendshome. I've done from top to bottom, light fixtures and windows. If I charge anything over his
ideal of what he thinks he should pay, He have a fit. Do you know the avg. rate for res. cleaning, nation wide. *As for this one woman team. That's me. Would like to know national avg, or in a small town area what the pay would be. I was thinking charge by the size of a window, sliding doors ,etc; Any info you can tell me will be great. Thanks a bunch,

Merry Christmas, Cookie

Last edited by justcookie; 12-21-2006 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Add more
post #6 of Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcookie View Post

First off I've been on this doublewide m.home over 40 hrs now. (It's a friendshome. I've done from top to bottom, light fixtures and windows. If I charge anything over his
ideal of what he thinks he should pay, He have a fit.
Wow!! 40 hours for a double wide? The most we have ever spent on something of that size was in the 20 to 22 hour range and that was a complete deep clean of a unit that was lived in and was on a scale of 1 - 10 an 11 in terms of dirt and clutter. Are you utlizing a cleaning system/ order?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode