Hello my fellow cleaners....Dallas, TX here - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Hello my fellow cleaners....Dallas, TX here

I'm am obviously new to this site, as well as new to the biz. I've recently bought a rotovac to begin my carpet cleaning adventures. I would greatly appreciate any advice, good or bad, on the rotovac. I will actually be starting the business north of dallas a hair, around plano, mckinney, frisco, the 75 corridor up to sherman. The one thing I want to do is find my little area, w/o stepping on other peoples feet. Please let me know of any problems or advice ya'll have on getting started. Maybe it will cut down on my mistakes. Thanks for this website.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 PM

hello and welcome

can't help you out since i only clean residentials(no carpets) and have no experience with the rotos, or in your part of the country, but hopefully someone will chime in with some advice.

the best of luck to you!!!

suzi g
post #3 of Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

thanks suzi....i was beginning to wonder if anyone chimes in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-11-2007, 08:40 PM

Welcome to cleaning talk Jeff.

I have never personally used a rotovac but I have sat in on a couple of demos and I have heard alot of good feedback on them on other boards.
post #5 of Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

thanks tpeterson...i've heard good and bad, but you never know because the people that are using something different will most likely tell you they are bad....and vice versa
post #6 of Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 PM

Welcome to the site. Glad you joined!

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #7 of Old 08-15-2007, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

glad to be here
post #8 of Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 AM

Are you only doing carpet cleaning? What other services do you offer? I also am in the Dallas area and starting a construction, /small commercial cleaning business. I already have builders willing to give us a try and could use some insight on what the going rates are in this area. Any idea?
post #9 of Old 03-20-2009, 01:51 AM

Hello all! I am also a little bit new on this site, and I really like cleaning specially carpet cleaning because I always want to see my carpet looking nice and clean.

Chandler Carpet Cleaning
post #10 of Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marley972 View Post
The one thing I want to do is find my little area, w/o stepping on other peoples feet. Please let me know of any problems or advice ya'll have on getting started. Maybe it will cut down on my mistakes. Thanks for this website.

Jeff
You are stepping on my territory, so go up north. Sorry, but we might be in the same industry, but, I will take your business clients away from you as the same will be done to me. Dog eat Dog world.

Remember, I may be new in the cleaning business, but not in the business world. You have to remember, other cleaning companies are your competition, not your friends. They have mouths to feed, egos to fulfill, people to pay, luxaries to buy, retirement to think of...

But, I will do what is necassary to "see that hill, take that hill and hold that hill."

Z
post #11 of Old 05-01-2009, 03:14 AM

Wow!

You are way tooo serious and way tooo eager to jump to conclusions. It's a big world out there my friend and unless your carrying a 45 and just WANT to go to jail, you might wanna consider lightening up a bit.
I certainly don't know where all that came from?????!!!!
I've been a business owner for over 20 years and NEVER have I seen such a tactic. Your way out of line.
Don't bother me again as I won't reply. I have better things to do with my time!

Have a good life!

DC
post #12 of Old 05-01-2009, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by marley972
The one thing I want to do is find my little area, w/o stepping on other peoples feet. Please let me know of any problems or advice ya'll have on getting started. Maybe it will cut down on my mistakes. Thanks for this website.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinDallas View Post
You are way tooo serious and way tooo eager to jump to conclusions. It's a big world out there my friend and unless your carrying a 45 and just WANT to go to jail, you might wanna consider lightening up a bit.
I certainly don't know where all that came from?????!!!!
I've been a business owner for over 20 years and NEVER have I seen such a tactic. Your way out of line.
Don't bother me again as I won't reply. I have better things to do with my time!

Have a good life!

DC
Jeff, that is what you wrote. I took it for what you wrote, you do not want to step on anyones toes. Don't be so sensitive, I hope your cleaning business a world of success and takes in millions of dollars as I hope mine does too! My point is to not expect myself and others to not take clients away from competition. Certain instances, yes, but don't expect others to play nice. You were a former business owner, so you should understand that point. Not sure how or what success you had in the past or what you define being a "business owner" as many people say they were "business owners" when all they did was hold a DBA, etc...

You completely mistook my point. Lighten up, Charlie, ok?

I wish your business success and I'm more then happy to collaberate on projects (if it is advantagious to my company), offer advice/suggestions to help you or others to succeed.

I've had a business doing Multisports, so I know about cutthroat, success and failures/lessons learned etc...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode