Hello from NC - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-24-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Hello from NC

Hey everyone. My name is David and I live in coastal North Carolina. I've been in the cleaning industry for about 15 years now; primarily carpet, upholstery and floor care though some janitorial and other stuff also. It's good to see everyone coming together to help one another out or bounce ideas around. Hope I can contribute even a decent percentage of what I'm sure I'll get from the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-24-2007, 06:37 PM

Hi David, welcome to cleaningtalk.com (I caught you with a quick hello in another thread already ) These forums are really a blessing in terms of the free flow of ideas and such. I sure do wish they had of been around when I first started out myself.
post #3 of Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM

Great to have you here David. Welcome!

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Edwards View Post
It's good to see everyone coming together to help one another out or bounce ideas around. Hope I can contribute even a decent percentage of what I'm sure I'll get from the forum.
Hi David,

Look forward to your input. Lots of knowledge in this forum.

I just did my first carpet clean this past weekend in a residential,emergency clean & I need all the pointers I can get.

Bought a cheap extractor to get the job done and it did a pretty good job but I can see a bigger, better machine in my future. This one is going back for a refund.

Welcome to the forum

suzi g
post #5 of Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.

Suzi, if you have any questions about methods, chemicals or equipment, feel free to ask. I know from experience that some of these forums are truly great places to grow professionally and meet good folks.
post #6 of Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM

Hello from N.C Starting OUt

Hi, I' m thinking of starting a cleaning buisness with my wife,she does it now, but wants to be independent. We know about the insurance and things, but how about getting started .Do we advertize in the paper ,radio ,Tv .Any infomation would be great .Thank you.

post #7 of Old 11-27-2007, 09:11 PM

Welcome to cleaningtalk workingnnc

I am guessing that what you are saying is that your wire currently works for another company/ business cleaning and that the 2 of you would like to start your own business and be your own bosses? If that is the case there is a lot to do prior to advertising, such as getting a business license (if required by your local agencies), getting insurance coverages, writing out a business plan to prep yourselves as a guide line to keep you focused on you goals, researching and purchasing the equipment and supplies that you will need in order to do the type of cleaning that you plan to focus on (residential, commercial, etc....)
After all of these things are done, then you can start to consider how to advertise your services

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode