I don't think you have hijacked the thread at all - your feedback is exactly the kind of thing we are looking for!
Yes, we are looking for beta testers to use the product on a long term basis and in return get the product for free.
Currently, your customers cannot view or edit their own appointments as this is not something that anyone has requested before - do others think this would be an important feature?
The pricing can be seen here: http://malinkoapp.com/services/pricing
although we are reviewing this pricing structure at the moment.
Differences from Appointment Booking Pro; from a quick look on their website, the things that jump out at me that Malinko can do in addition are:
* You are not required to have your own website, as we host the service.
* We also include a CRM system alongside the calendar function
* A range of custom fields which allows you to define the information you want to hold about your customers, cleaning staff, the events (such as the regular cleaning visits you will make)
* Can create a range of custom reports to allow you to report on, for example, productivity of your staff, value of the work on any given period, analysis of income from each job type
* Issue/problem allocation and tracking system
* Works with Sage to prevent double entry of information
Overall it looks like Malinko does pretty much all of what Appointment Booking Pro does, with the exception of allowing your own customers to log on and pay, but it also has a CRM system built in and associated reporting.
Finally, I'm sorry if my first post came across as a sales pitch, it genuinely wasn't meant to be. From your interest and pertinent questions, perhaps you would like to be a beta tester, Mike?