Hello - wanting to understand the cleaning industry further - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-08-2011, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Cool Hello - wanting to understand the cleaning industry further

Hi all,

Its great to join this forum, as it will help me get to know the cleaning sector better. I work for a software company who have written web-based scheduling and CRM software and we are looking to see if it can solve problems for cleaning businesses in a way/for a price that is better than the competition.

It has been proven in other sectors, such as maintenance and recycling (I previously worked in this sector), and I suspect many of the issues will be similar, but hopefully getting to know people on here will improve my understanding of your particular needs. In return I will give help and advice about things such as sales and marketing - something I know a bit more about!

We are looking for companies to roadtest the software for free - all we want in return is honest feedback so we can improve it for you.

You can look at the software here: malinkoapp.com

Please PM me if you are interested, or contact me via the website

Antony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Why isn't there a demo on the site?
How does a "roadtest" of the software for free compare with a free assessment? Are you offering long term usage to what would be essentially beta users in this market?
Why doe it appear that there is only one pricing level? Most Internet services have several including a free one for limited use.

Can a client view or schedule appointments?

How does it compare with Appointment Booking Pro?
Admittedly you would need a Joomla web site but It is rather powerful and for $99.00 you get lifetime support and upgrades.

I would not normally hijack a thread but I don't think Introductions is the place to post a sales pitch.
post #3 of Old 07-11-2011, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Hi Mike,

I don't think you have hijacked the thread at all - your feedback is exactly the kind of thing we are looking for!

Yes, we are looking for beta testers to use the product on a long term basis and in return get the product for free.

Currently, your customers cannot view or edit their own appointments as this is not something that anyone has requested before - do others think this would be an important feature?

The pricing can be seen here: http://malinkoapp.com/services/pricing although we are reviewing this pricing structure at the moment.

Differences from Appointment Booking Pro; from a quick look on their website, the things that jump out at me that Malinko can do in addition are:

* You are not required to have your own website, as we host the service.
* We also include a CRM system alongside the calendar function
* A range of custom fields which allows you to define the information you want to hold about your customers, cleaning staff, the events (such as the regular cleaning visits you will make)
* Can create a range of custom reports to allow you to report on, for example, productivity of your staff, value of the work on any given period, analysis of income from each job type
* Issue/problem allocation and tracking system
* Works with Sage to prevent double entry of information

Overall it looks like Malinko does pretty much all of what Appointment Booking Pro does, with the exception of allowing your own customers to log on and pay, but it also has a CRM system built in and associated reporting.

Finally, I'm sorry if my first post came across as a sales pitch, it genuinely wasn't meant to be. From your interest and pertinent questions, perhaps you would like to be a beta tester, Mike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonyLiquidBronze View Post
Hi Mike,

I don't think you have hijacked the thread at all - your feedback is exactly the kind of thing we are looking for!

Yes, we are looking for beta testers to use the product on a long term basis and in return get the product for free.

Currently, your customers cannot view or edit their own appointments as this is not something that anyone has requested before - do others think this would be an important feature?
Yes and it is pretty common in the packages I have looked at.

Quote:
The pricing can be seen here: http://malinkoapp.com/services/pricing although we are reviewing this pricing structure at the moment.

Differences from Appointment Booking Pro; from a quick look on their website, the things that jump out at me that Malinko can do in addition are:

* You are not required to have your own website, as we host the service.
* We also include a CRM system alongside the calendar function
* A range of custom fields which allows you to define the information you want to hold about your customers, cleaning staff, the events (such as the regular cleaning visits you will make)
* Can create a range of custom reports to allow you to report on, for example, productivity of your staff, value of the work on any given period, analysis of income from each job type
* Issue/problem allocation and tracking system
* Works with Sage to prevent double entry of information

Overall it looks like Malinko does pretty much all of what Appointment Booking Pro does, with the exception of allowing your own customers to log on and pay, but it also has a CRM system built in and associated reporting.

Finally, I'm sorry if my first post came across as a sales pitch, it genuinely wasn't meant to be. From your interest and pertinent questions, perhaps you would like to be a beta tester, Mike?
No thanks.
post #5 of Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

thanks for your feedback anyway, Mike. I'll investigate the online job scheduling and viewing for clients

Tags
crm , free , malinko , scheduling , software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode