here look at these pictures i drew :D :D - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-06-2014, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

here look at these pictures i drew :D :D

my post to say hi

hi

i'm 32 and i do graphic design, here's some of my work, and though i often collaborate, i made all of these on my own:

http://s15.postimg.org/4pn5ardgr/tuneorg2.png
http://s15.postimg.org/5hpt9yhnv/sportstweets.png
http://s15.postimg.org/i7u1n1pm3/cra...fcarolina2.png
http://s28.postimg.org/c608pni0d/SIRLOCKSALOT.png
http://s10.postimg.org/45m2zhcm1/arbora.png

i also do custom images and typography in any vector style, and i work with many illustrators so i can make any kind of art, but both of these i drew myself, my own style is 'simple and iconic' i don't do paintings, i do symbols and precision work like this:
http://s7.postimg.org/q78djyuiz/phase1.png

and to show you what the rest of the brand might look like here's a mockup i made for a client who cancelled:

so you can see i do EVERYTHING, shirts, hats, car magnets, business cards, letterhead, web ads, web graphics, email footers, etc. anything you'd want, i can make it

all these logos are from my $100-200 price range, average cost of a business card design once the logo is done is $50, including lifelong updates in case you get a new number or something, and i also make more technical stuff for more money, it's up to the person's budget, i've done logos for as little as $20 that were a great value, but you REALLY get what you pay for in my industry because time = money, and the more you pay the more i can do...

also i make websites, here's one i made for $400: www.ZenMaid.com

well anyway, thanks for reading, i guess i'm boring except when i talk about art according to people so that's what the heck i talk about lol! if you want some critique of your logo and website and marketing stuff you can ask me, i'm always down to talk shop if i'm not too busy with work, i work about 14 hours a day because i'm insane lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Hey nice work. Ill keep you in mind in the future, I do website building and administration but not too much design. I leave most of that to people much more creative than I.
post #3 of Old 10-10-2014, 02:48 AM

cool pics lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-25-2014, 11:30 AM

Hi there
post #5 of Old 06-23-2015, 01:45 AM

Good job....welcome to the site.

Building A Dam

Last edited by colmarwatson; 06-25-2015 at 02:10 AM.
post #6 of Old 07-09-2015, 01:51 AM

Welcome here.
Earthworks Melbourne

Last edited by oliviathomas; 11-07-2015 at 05:30 AM.
post #7 of Old 07-09-2015, 10:09 AM

I have a new girl that is a graphic designer. The other day she was telling me about logo's and I said that a logo never made or kept me from making 1 penny. So she continued to tell me what all they told her in school about logo's. So I asked..... what is Merry Maids Logo? She had no idea. What is The Maids Logo? She had no idea. So I said well, those are the 2 biggest cleaning companies and if a normal 'jo' doesn't know either of them how on earth would anyone ever know a small company?

Like most things, people suck others in to making them THINK they need something when they really don't. Just like most advertising. 90% of all advertising is wasted money. But.... far be it for me.....
post #8 of Old 07-10-2015, 11:17 PM

nice pics man. think you can do one for a gutter cleaning company logo? High maintenance services you can reach me on twincitiesguttercleaning.com
post #9 of Old 07-11-2015, 03:33 AM

If it's ok I'll have my girl that works for me email you.
post #10 of Old 10-28-2015, 07:50 AM

here look at these
Allworksearthworks.com.au is now set to offer all-purpose excavation service. So far, its service has been limited to big construction projects as well as mining sites. However, from now on, their service can be hired for even small residential projects.
Ground Excavation
post #11 of Old 10-29-2015, 11:41 AM

Hello! Great work !
post #12 of Old 11-04-2015, 05:10 AM

I'm a bit of a graphic designer myself, so good to see another one here.

I was really impressed with your Sir Locksalot logo. That's incredibly clever.

The one that really has my attention though is the thumbs-up logo you're using for your avatar. Is that all vector? If so, that's a genius use of the medium. It looks like a photograph of a real object.

Incredibly clean and sharp-looking. Great use of shading and highlighting to make it pop out at you.

It's funny, I just replied to another user's post about wanting to do magnetic signs. What if I have my own logo already? What would you charge just to print and ship?

Jon Lee of Fail-Safe Cleaning Solutions, Office, Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Services in Amarillo, TX. Target: Perfection.
post #13 of Old 11-04-2015, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
I have a new girl that is a graphic designer. The other day she was telling me about logo's and I said that a logo never made or kept me from making 1 penny. So she continued to tell me what all they told her in school about logo's. So I asked..... what is Merry Maids Logo? She had no idea. What is The Maids Logo? She had no idea. So I said well, those are the 2 biggest cleaning companies and if a normal 'jo' doesn't know either of them how on earth would anyone ever know a small company?

Like most things, people suck others in to making them THINK they need something when they really don't. Just like most advertising. 90% of all advertising is wasted money. But.... far be it for me.....
You know, I think you're mostly right. If you just do enough homework, you can figure out how to advertise for yourself, and usually for little to no cost, or at least at a fraction of what professionals charge.

I really see the importance of having a strong logo, though. It's a point of pride. If you do enjoy success, why not look good doing it? Maybe it says something about the lack of quality in the logos you tried to get the girl to recall, and less about whether or not people notice logos. Either way, I definitely want to stand out from my competitors.

Jon Lee of Fail-Safe Cleaning Solutions, Office, Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Services in Amarillo, TX. Target: Perfection.

Last edited by Failsafemachine; 11-04-2015 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Left a thought out!
post #14 of Old 11-07-2015, 05:34 AM

ittttttttttsssssssss coolll
post #15 of Old 11-09-2015, 11:08 AM

check out the site fiverr and if you message me I can personally tell you the exact person I used. For $10 I was given 2 different logos that were custom designed for me after I told her what I was looking for. Worth the money for the result. I think I have my logo on my page
post #16 of Old 12-04-2015, 06:02 AM

hello,
great work look for this site
Excavator Hire Melbourne
post #17 of Old 12-17-2015, 06:50 AM

very nice pics
post #18 of Old 03-08-2016, 06:57 AM

i often collaborate, i made all of these on my own

show you what the rest of the brand might look like here's

Quarry products Melbourne
post #19 of Old 05-05-2016, 01:03 AM

Wow!! great artist.
post #20 of Old 07-14-2016, 09:42 PM

nice. cherry shrimp shop. never heard of the name but a good one all around.

Tags
branding , business , graphics , logo , websites

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode