Hey Everyone! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-09-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Hey Everyone!

Hey everyone, I'm from Pa. I currently work for Stanley Steemer but am looking into getting into the business of working for myself by doing carpet and tile cleaning and if business goes well enough then possibly add other cleaning services to my business. Don't get me wrong at Steemer we can do good cleaning but I think the pay is bad for what we do and some guys just buzz through a job without ensuring they've done what they could to get the areas cleaned as best as they could have and I do not want my name associated with that kind of work. I know I won't have it to buy a truck mounted system right away so I am looking into the portables and other equipment from Rotovac, but are there any recommendations? I know its best to get a heated solution type system but do the portable have good enough suction to get a thorough clean carpet? I'd also like to note that I would like to do both carpet and tile to begin with. Sorry for the long post!

Last edited by Glen4x4; 08-09-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM

Good luck!
post #3 of Old 08-18-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, I am looking into my options still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 PM

Before you go out on your own read EMyth and see if your community has a business development class. I joined our Small Business Management class and have learned a lot, and will be taking it again.
post #5 of Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip I appreciate it.
post #6 of Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 AM

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay because this is an awesome forum for us starters who need the suggestions of other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac B View Post
Before you go out on your own read EMyth and see if your community has a business development class. I joined our Small Business Management class and have learned a lot, and will be taking it again.

I agree with you, I took such class two years ago and for me it was very useful, I'm not going to take it again because I'm low on money but I would recommend it to everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode