Hey, Y'all. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-09-2014, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Hey, Y'all.

Hello. I am new to the site as well as the cleaning business. I have been a stay at home mother to 2 great boys for the last 6 years, with the exception of a part time job until a couple of years ago. Those boys are now both in school and I am returning to the work force via my own cleaning business. This site has been very helpful. I am open to any advice I can get! I have my first cleaning job this week. I must say, I'm a little nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Howdy Happy House Cleaning!

I'm new to this forum as well. I've been in the cleaning industry since 2003 and I continue to learn new things from people that are willing to share their insights and experiences.

Good luck on your first cleaning job. Just remember to keep it simple: Provide awesome service, deliver what you said you would and communicate honestly with everybody.
post #3 of Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, jessduarte!

I just made some nice door hanging advertisement. I plan to distribute them on Wednesday. Fingers crossed it will be effective!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-16-2014, 09:41 AM

I have been cleaning houses for only 2 years. My only issue with it is I get nervous cleaning when the owners are home. I love my clients but I still feel really uncomfortable. Most will go into another room but there is one couple that wont budge out of the den until I pull out the vacuum and they either must leave or lift up their feet. Ugh!!! I dread that house but it pays good. Anyone else get nervous or annoyed at this? How do I cope better without getting a knot in my stomach?
post #5 of Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 PM

welcome
post #6 of Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 PM

I'm also new to the forum
post #7 of Old 12-08-2014, 08:00 PM

hello guys I'm new as well I started my cleaning business almost 3 years now and it's been a slow process but things are starting to pick up a little I was wondering if there's anyone that can give me any advice on advertising to get cleans at apartments for move out thank you for your help
post #8 of Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 AM

Welcome to the forum happyhousecleaning!

Hope you do well on your first job. Be sure to take your time and go through everything as thoroughly as you can and don't forget to enjoy!
post #9 of Old 12-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Hi there
post #10 of Old 12-26-2014, 02:15 AM

That is a great idea buddy; few of my friends are house cleaners as they are working part time and their business is running so well. I am sure you will get huge success in your business. I wish you all the best.
post #11 of Old 12-26-2014, 11:15 AM

hello I wish you the best. I am new to the business as well and I am trying to learn and looking for advice.
post #13 of Old 01-11-2015, 11:59 AM

Put something on your bid sheet that says everyone must be out of the room for you to clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcleaning View Post
hello guys I'm new as well I started my cleaning business almost 3 years now and it's been a slow process but things are starting to pick up a little I was wondering if there's anyone that can give me any advice on advertising to get cleans at apartments for move out thank you for your help
Just put an ad on Craigslist. These are about the lowest types of cleans so they pay squat anyway just like most other cleans from Craigslist. We have a 'woman' around here that used to advertise move outs for some crazy low price (I don't remember now). Anyway, she got lots of work but she would make them pay first and then do a couple of hours of work and leave. I thought that was SO damn funny. These people were trying to be cheapasses and got played at their own game! lmao I would see a couple of ads every week from her 'customers' saying DO NOT USE THIS 'WOMAN. lol
post #14 of Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM

Good for. You! We have been in business about a year and doing very well. Does anyone know how to bid on an assisted living facility 24,000 sq ft , 48 bathrooms etc. thanks
post #15 of Old 04-26-2015, 04:21 PM

Welcome to Cleaning Talk!!

Providing cleaning & maid services in Tampa, Sarasota, Saint Pete, Lakeland, Brandon, Valrico, Lithia, Fishhawk, Poinciana, and Kissimmee.
post #16 of Old 05-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Vendor

Welcome! What a great community that's being built here. Best of luck to all!

Dale Ting
The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Cleaner
10% off with coupon code "cleaningtalk"
post #17 of Old 05-04-2015, 08:01 AM

welcome
post #18 of Old 05-05-2015, 12:01 AM

hello

Welcome from CT
post #19 of Old 05-07-2015, 04:34 AM

Welcome and good luck!
End of Tenancy Cleaning Balham
post #20 of Old 05-13-2015, 01:51 AM

Hello everyone,

I am new in this forum site. Hope I get information regarding cleaning products and I will also share information from my end.

Thanks and Regards
Alvin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode