Hi to all! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-24-2020, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Hi to all!

I'm happy to be here to share knowledge and experiences with the rest of the group. Like maybe a lot of other folks, I'm a solo operator. No employees, I just find and do jobs on my own. Mabye that's all the more reason to improve my practices and make the most of my time. Looking forward to sharing with all of you.

GreeneandClean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-25-2020, 10:09 AM

post #3 of Old 01-27-2020, 10:00 AM

Actually, I think most people here do have employees. But I don't, and do not want any! I do not want to worry if my "crew" is doing things properly. If I do the work, I can guarantee it WILL be done right. Plus I enjoy interacting with home owners, their kids, their pets.
Glad you found us. Be warned that this forum does have members who think this place is just a place to find new business, or peddle something. I had so hoped I would get new ideas and information here. That has not happened. Yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-27-2020, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the messages lisa322 and missannienow. Yes, I can certainly relate with each of those points you mentioned, the idea of representing what an employee does or doesn't do is hard to deal with, and well, in many cases I think, just not even worth dealing with (hence the sole operators). And interacting with home owners/business owners is part of what makes things fulfilling, which is a huge part of life in general. If I worked only for making as much money as possible, it kinda defeats the purpose of being alive. Putting food on the table is still important though, of course.
post #5 of Old 01-27-2020, 10:17 AM

Well said. Yes, of course I would like to make more money. But not at the risk of lowering my standards. I went into this business because, for some reason, I became OCD about having a clean home. I cleaned my own a lot and then decided to do this to make money. Well, I sure didn't get rich but I have enjoyed my work very much. When s customers says to me "Oh! My house smells so good!" I feel fulfilled. This is just one reason I only use cleaning products that smell super good. I have even had one customer tell me to please try to use Lavender smelling stuff! Easy enough. Another asked me NOT top use Lavender stuff! (He thought he might be allergic to it.)
Life is never dull when you are a sole operator cleaning homes. I have become friends with three of my customers. Yes, I can separate the friendship from the business side of things.
post #6 of Old 02-01-2020, 04:18 AM
Ace

Hello everyone I want to start a small business. So I'm thinking of buying a few set-top boxes on SwitchOnShop. Is there anyone who bought on this site? How do you like it?" Send a full set of set-top box equipment? Maybe someone has been using the console for a long time, does it still work? I'm afraid if they send bad ones. Then my business won't make me any money.
post #7 of Old 02-03-2020, 02:10 PM

Hi guys and welcome!

Maddison.
post #8 of Old 02-03-2020, 02:23 PM

Hello! There is a book called The E-myth which has helped me out a lot. Remember, once you have enough business to create systems. They help make it easier to implement new employees and let go of the reins.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode