1) Start part time
2) Allow a generous marketing budget to get the word out
3) Learn what the FMV (fair market value) of your services is so you know how to price
4) Get insurance and get bonded
5) Hire a graphic designer to design your business cards, mailers and fliers. The days of being able to do something on your computer and look legitimate are over.
6) Once you start getting clients document your procedures and effeciency methods so that your process become "cookie cutter" and can easily be duplicated by future employees.
7) Build a capital surplus, quit your day job and reap the benefits and freedom of business ownership.
Take courses on Quickbooks, business management, and most important learn how to sell