Hi, new cleaning service here - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-26-2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
SNC

Hi, new cleaning service here

Hello, we are a new cleaning service in Tampa, Fl and we have been running pretty good so far this year.

Here to give and receive advice, tips , etc..

Also here to just be apart of the cleaning industry, very excited to be involved, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-27-2018, 05:03 PM

Hi!!! I live in Vero Beach on the East Coast.

Where are YOU finding new potential customers??? I do residential cleaning and in the past most of my work came from Thumbtack. But they made some weird changes this past year, and I no longer get good requests from them. Care.com is only so so for me. Housekeeper.com - same thing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have visited Tampa several times. Nice place! The old cigar factories are fascinating. AND its a college town with good hospitals! AND it is a bit cooler than here. That appeals to me.
Annie
post #3 of Old 07-27-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
SNC

Hi, have not been to vero beach but hope to visit someday.

As of right now we are getting all of our leads through craigslist and word of mouth. We did sign up for craftjack but did not have success with that we tried postcards and will probably try it again as I am hearing you have to do it for a few months and be consistent.

We are really focusing on SEO for long term because we mainly want to do commercial accounts only, but for short term craigslist has been the best for us, it keeps us really busy. We are only a family business so that has been working for us.

Hope this helps for you, where do the bulk of your customers come from Care.com?

And yes really like Tampa, Ybor is a great place people like to visit as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-28-2018, 08:43 AM

Craigs List has not be useful for my small cleaning business. I have no employees - it is just little old me, and thats how I prefer it. Craigs List tends to get fake cleanng jobs, such as one guy who wanted house cleaning "by a nude woman." Oh come on! Get a life, buddy!

The problems on Thumbtack are causing headaches for many professionals of all sorts. This is very distressing to me and many others. There is a rumor going around that they plan to sell it, and that is why the jacked up the costs to their pros - to look like its a profitable business. It probably isnt and sure wont be if all their pros leave!

I tried to accept you as a "buddy" but the site didnt seem to working today!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode