Hi From South GA! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-18-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi From South GA!

Hi all, I've been lurking forums and decided to join this one. Have some janitorial experience, hotel housekeeping, but recently have been doing move-out deep/detail cleaning for my landlord...and the filthiest units you can imagine (have pics, but they don't do justice) without any power (really hard to work efficiently, fast, and if I can't plug into a unit with an outside outlet to run a vacuum...well you can imagine). Luckily have had running water, but when drains are clogged and the pressure is low, well, the fact that I've still successfully cleaned those units, too, but am tiring of it and can't continue to borrow a generator when needed, but I believe if I can work with those conditions that I could run my own small cleaning business and choose not to take units in bad condition and paint over-spray/grout splotches/etc everywhere that also have to be removed.

Just looking forward to reading more posts and eventually hoping to get advice on starting my own move-out/move-in vacant rental cleaning service along with 2 other people, and contribute to the forum in any way that I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-18-2018, 07:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to jbell0129
in south ga as well...i joined the site about 7 years ago..i got some great tips and my company has grown big time over the years.
post #3 of Old 05-19-2018, 09:14 AM

I can imagine how gross those units are. Honestly, I am always shocked at how some people live! Most of my current customers are pretty tidy but I do have two that are not. Junk piled up everywhere, you have to move a ton of trash in order to clean, etc. etc. I have one customer who only calls me every couple months - just to clean her two bathrooms. It is obvious she doesnt do much cleaning in between! I like her, and it isnt hard to get the two rooms clean, but I do wonder....and it is a bit gross to clean up the extensive dust, hair, makeuup on counter, etc etc.

When I was a beginner, I accepted any old job i could in order to get experience under my belt. As I have gotten better and a lot more efficient at what I do, I was able to start picking and choosing my customers, plus I figured out the best way to market my services.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-04-2018, 12:25 AM

post #5 of Old 06-04-2018, 08:33 AM

How hot is South Georgia right now? Here in FL we are sweating big time. And its so humid you feel like you are walking in a sauna.

Tags
move out , rental , starting up , vacant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode