Just Roxy - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-05-2015, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Just Roxy

Hi, just signed up a couple nights ago. Like reading your stories and learning how your businesses are going. Hope to meet up with some of you soon on here. R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-05-2015, 08:40 PM

Where are you at in Kansas?
post #3 of Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 AM

Hello

Hey Roxy! Welcome to the discussion board.
Hope you will enjoy your stay here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-07-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I'm in OP KS. Sprint93. Thanks you guys, appreciate the welcome.
post #5 of Old 02-08-2015, 02:10 PM

Tough area.... houses are huge there and people want to pay squat. I used to live over by Sprint around 121st And Nall.

Keep us updated. Good luck!
post #6 of Old 02-19-2015, 11:32 AM
R2D

hello
post #7 of Old 02-22-2015, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Cool Just getting back to ya

Yeah....I live N of 87th.....n Antioch......lol.....people out here, just like you said don't wanna pay ya. They want FBM service too. (full blown maid) I was spoiled when I started house cleaning back in '87. Worked for teachers who did their OWN house keeping like washing sheets, doing their own bedding, etc. But it's helped me to learn how I want to price for these extra labors by gettin up to my elbows in it (sts). I don't mind house work at all so....cool! But chew gun pay me mofo. lol.....right, HUGE houses, H U G E houses...btw, I have a "BAD CLIENT LIST" online, on a website I created. Oh the doozies I've been through. One dude grabbed the cash out my hand. TRIED to. Its quite the story....Maybe I'l relate it sometime. GO BACK HOME where ya belong!!! lmao You guys are great on here! Keep the excellent info coming!
post #8 of Old 02-23-2015, 03:33 AM

We were in a jam, somehow when we passed out 750 flyers we got 35 calls. So we were dieing for help. I went to clean this guy over by 135th & Black Bob.... 3 months before I had given him a bid. Hardest bid I've ever gotten to this day. Anyway, he opens the door and I walk inside. He says, "I want to tell you something. The last 2 times y'all cleaned the girl didn't clean under that statue (very large statue on a counter of a chef like Bobs Big Boy type thing) and she didn't move those plants over there and she didn't clean the bath upstairs". I said, "There is no way she could clean under that chef, it's too big for us to move each time and as I told you, we never move any live plants. If you would like the bath upstairs cleaned we can add that to your price, no problem". He said, "If you can't do all those things then why do I need you to clean?" So I never answered, I just picked my stuff up and went on to the next job. I'm not happy about having to do physical work anyway so don't give me an excuse to leave. lol

About a month later I got a call from a carpet cleaner who is a very good friend of mine. One of his clients he had for 20 years needed a house cleaner so he gave my name and number. He told me... you should have seen the look on his face... he said... you know this guy? Howard said oh yeah! lol He told Howard what happened and he said... I don't know if I fired him or he quit but he just walked out the door and didn't even say bye. No one just blows me off like that. And Howard said.... he did. lol

And to this day I still get harassed about that. Howard said he cracked up when the guy said, "I don't know if I fired him or he quit but he just walked out the door and didn't even say bye!"

The moral of the story for anyone that has a house cleaner.... don't @#*& with them early in the morning... especially if it's the owner of the company and they don't normally do the cleaning. lol
post #9 of Old 02-23-2015, 11:03 AM

I'm new to the site. Have been cleaning independently for a few years. I am enjoying these threads, quickly learning that it could always be worse! I live in a small, rural community, so have to tiptoe around everybody's feelings since everybody is connected in some fashion. Appreciate the anecdotes and solutions. Don't feel so alone!
post #10 of Old 05-02-2015, 09:03 AM

Greetings!

My name is Alex. I recently started a cleaning business in Northern Colorado. Offering home, office and construction services. I appreciate any advice or suggestions I receive from this forum.
post #11 of Old 05-28-2015, 01:43 AM

Hello all...
post #12 of Old 06-16-2015, 07:07 AM

Welcome here.
post #13 of Old 07-18-2015, 04:51 AM

Welcome
post #14 of Old 07-28-2015, 06:51 AM

Hello everyone.
post #15 of Old 08-26-2015, 01:58 AM

Hello! Welcome to the Cleaning talk.
Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

rubbish removal Melbourne

Last edited by sampeeter; 08-26-2015 at 04:30 AM.
post #16 of Old 08-26-2015, 02:57 AM

Welcome to this forum dear.Hope you will increase your knowledge from these forums.
post #17 of Old 09-02-2015, 02:17 AM

Hello everyone, i am new here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode