Kind of excited - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By missannienow

post #1 of Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Kind of excited

So, as I was looking into new equipment for my expanding business, I pined through reviews online at all these different prices, and styles, and it hits me. These reviews aren't helping me because they're not coming from maids or cleaners. All the reviews I am finding are from average people using them for moderate housework. So then I thought:
I need to find a network of cleaners who would understand. Somewhere I could get the scoop on good equipment. A place to discuss tools and chemicals. A place to hear about different techniques and maybe a place where an OCD chatty cleaner such as myself can really relate to others and possibly learn a thing or two. I'm the Clean Queen Bee 🐝 and I AM SO GOOD AT WHAT I DO YALL. If you can't tell from this post I'm a residential cleaner. I worked for a franchised company for about a year, and then I broke free to work for myself. It has its ups and downs but, I am learning as I go. And business is getting better. I know I'll have a good time on here. I'm glad to be here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-09-2018, 10:01 AM

LOL! You sound like me. I became OCD-ish about cleaning while recovering from a major illness. Dont know why that happened but I didnt give a damn about cleaning before then. For several years I learned HOW to clean (on my own home). Made some funny mistakes. Once I was well enough to work again, I started my one person cleaning business. I do pretty well at it too, since Im not looking to become rich. My customers seem to appreciate my "OCD" thing, and often comment on this. They like that I use nice smelling products, too. Plus I market my deep love for cats, and end up kitty sitting when the owner goes away. NOT dogs, just cats.
Annie
post #3 of Old 11-09-2018, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

That's how it is LoL. I just got offered by one of my long-standing clients to watch their two dogs while they go out to Vegas in December. I'm pretty excited because the house is awesome and I'm an animal lover all around. I've got three cats and a dog of my own. I really enjoy when I make suggestions to people on ways they can or better organize their home or maybe like a cute colour-pop of a cute organizer that would suit their interior decorating that would look good and they actually take my word for it and do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-17-2018, 10:23 PM

Hello! I was enjoy what I read here. kinda inspiring too!
post #5 of Old 12-20-2018, 06:28 PM

You do sound like me except I dont do dog sitting. I canot stand the way they smell. Thats just me. I have several customers who have dogs and I just go ahead and do my job. Despite them smell!

Residential cleaning often means finding your niche market. Mine is cats, because kitty litter and cat furn dont bother me a bit. And if a cat throws up, thats just part of loving cats.

Good for you, going out on your own. I bet you do very well.
Annie
RainaFadel likes this.
post #6 of Old 01-15-2019, 01:07 PM

Hey good job. Just keep your eyes peeled. There's probably a lot of solicitation here as far as equipment goes. I work in music and the saying goes that its the talent, not the tools, that makes the record. While I don't think this applies 100% to cleaning, it definitely has SOME merit.
post #7 of Old 01-20-2019, 12:58 PM

I agree. A LOT of solicitation goes on here and its a huge waste of time. I also find that some people here just don't have facts to back up what they are promoting. The "Green clean" posts are usually like this. If you
cannot explain HOW you know a product is safe and green, I am not gonna believe you. And I get really tired of the old "vinegar and backing soda" yack here. Many customers are like me: they don't like how vinegar smells. Because I do this work all day I demand that my products smell great and clean really well. They are safe because they are plant based products.
post #8 of Old 03-03-2019, 11:27 PM

Good information in this thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode