In need of advice!! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-07-2006, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Question In need of advice!!

Hello to all,
My name is Martin I own a residential cleaning business in Colorado. This my seconed cleaning business I sould my first. I have bigger plans this one. I have been up and running for 10 months, and it's going well. I have hired a person to help me and I am at full capacity. I want to grow and have multiple cleaning teams. The corner stone of my business is simple "Quality, Presentation and Image. The information that I am in search of what is the next step? Do I trade mark my name and logo? Do I incorparate? I feel that some times I am running in circles because I don't know where to start. Any help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Hi Martin

The answers to your questions really depend upon what your goal is to achieve with your business.

Incorporation is good if you are trying to keep your business and personal life seperate, although many sole prop's find themselves to never have trouble. I would say that it really is best if you sit down with your tax advisor and address this with them as they can best advice you as to "your" specific benefits.

Trademarking your name may not be an expense that you need to address if you are not planning on expanding into a larger organization with multipule locations.

If you have not already done so, I would suggest that you sit down and write out a business plan to see just where your goals are and then align your business with those goals.

If you have any questions please feel free to pick my brain, as I have been in busniness for 20+ years now and have mentored thousands of other cleaning businesses now thru a couple of different organziations.
post #3 of Old 10-07-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Mr. Peterson,
Thank you for your time. My goal is to build the largest independant Residential cleaning company in Colorado. I truly enjoy this business and love what I do. Sometimes I finding the answers is the biggest battle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-07-2006, 02:44 PM

T.P's advice is right on the money. You need to develop your businss plan. Even if you start with a set of aspirations and back track from there. For what you are seeking to accomplish you will need to align yourself with quality professionals. The answers about business and crossing all your t's is found in their expertise and experience not neccessarily on a message board.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 10-08-2006, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Mr. Peterson,
That's Mrs Peterson The T actually stands for Theresa, Glad to meet you!

Well, Martin, I have been in the residential sector of the cleaning business for 20+ years now and have a crew of 25 cleaners. I offer to you my services if you care to pick my brain for ideas and thoughts. I am happy to see others who enjoy the business.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode