New from CA - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-29-2007, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

New from CA

Hello to the group,

I've been building, fixing, remod & rennovating for many moons
There has been plenty of opportunities for me to learn from making, and fixing my own mistakes, also.
Presently expanding my biz offering to more of a focus on exterior residential PW'ing to better serve my clients in the real estate biz.
Clean is where a first rate presentation begins.
Information from the great people on these BBS's will allow me to accomplish better work for clients while making a minimum of errors and hopefully few downright blunders.
I have recently upgraded from a HD unit, which will remain a spare, to a cold 5.5 @ 3k unit.

I HAD NO IDEA I WAS ABOUT TO BEGIN CHEMISTRY LESSONS !

Shall remain very conservative w chem application 'til I gain 1st hand, practical experience. Must also learn about recovery.

We conduct a small Mom & Pop biz offering personal secure service, our sons assist if we get in a bind.
Fierce competition here in CA from immigrant workers!

License for biz, mil liability, and no plans to hire employees. Comp & taxes and regs just too much to deal with for a small businessman.

Thank you,
r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-29-2007, 10:05 PM

Welcome to cleaning talk.com tmrrptr.

You are absolutely right about the complications of regulations and taxes, but don't be too afraid of growing, it can still be done, even here in California
post #3 of Old 04-29-2007, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Hello T,

Absolutely ! You are correct.
There's just tons of opportunity out there.

I really do feel the service industries will be booming. Well, they have been, and it's not going to go away.

Years ago I had half a dozen working for my little concern and it was nearly full time keeping after them and the different projects.
It's just not what I want to do.
More recently, while working for someone, it fell upon me to supervise about 40 workers on 5 different sites for a period of time.
I kept it all going and all projects went well on my watch, but it just wasn't the way I wanted to go.
Made the choice years ago NOT to go big.
In between is an awkward place to be, business-wise.

I just try to provide the most comprehensive service possible to the clients we have and don't take on many new ones.
Once I can learn the skills involved in proper pressure washing it will benefit our clients a lot!
r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-29-2007, 11:28 PM

Believe me I fully understand, we went ourselves down sized some time back and actually love being a smaller organization (much less headaches and troubles)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode