New cleaning business and wanted to say hi - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-12-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

New cleaning business and wanted to say hi

Hi all, My name is Amanda, With Natural Choice Cleaners and I am very new to cleaning. I started my cleaning business about a month ago so i am still getting all the details worked out. And i have cleaned one house so far. I know that there are many "experts" in this formu and i would love all your suggestions and comments to help me along with this adventure.

I do have tons of question and i will start out about pricing. I have called around other cleaning companys to get quotes but i just can't seem to get many. I did pretend i was a prospect. Maybe my next call will just be hey i am new to cleaing business can you help me out.

So i have questions about How much to price everthing. Residental, should i just charge 35 an hour? And then like Apt move outs, residental move outs, and post construction. And i am really confused on post construction and Commercial. By what i have been reading on this forum commercial is a hole new world. Anyway, my canves is blank and i would love for yall to fill it with your wounder full advice. Thanks a million!! Natural choice cleaners, Amanda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Hello
post #3 of Old 04-12-2008, 01:13 PM

Hello Amanda, welcome to cleaningtalk.com

In terms of pricing let me ask - where are you located? Metropolitan areas command more than rural, and some states have depressed economies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-12-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalChoiceCleaners View Post
Hi all, My name is Amanda, With Natural Choice Cleaners and I am very new to cleaning. I started my cleaning business about a month ago so i am still getting all the details worked out. And i have cleaned one house so far. I know that there are many "experts" in this formu and i would love all your suggestions and comments to help me along with this adventure.

Hi Amanda, welcome to the Board.

I do have tons of question and i will start out about pricing. I have called around other cleaning companys to get quotes but i just can't seem to get many. I did pretend i was a prospect. Maybe my next call will just be hey i am new to cleaing business can you help me out.

You may not get very far with other cleaning services in your area to provide pricing over the phone. Some will bite, some won't. Try calling the franchises, they will usually price over the phone, as they do it per person/per hour.

So i have questions about How much to price everthing. Residental, should i just charge 35 an hour?

Once you determine, base on your location what others are charging, then you can determine that. Also, it depends on what the market can/will bear in your area. Base your first time cleans on hourly though. You may or may not do flat rate pricing after that.

And then like Apt move outs (I did these and I based it on a flat rate). residental move outs (hourly)
, and post construction. And i am really confused on post construction and Commercial. (I don't have experience in these areas),

Thanks a million!! Natural choice cleaners, Amanda
What natural products are you using? Do you also do aromatherapy? I'm converting to all natural in May.
post #5 of Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

yall have been such help! Thanks

Thank you for all your response. Well i do live around Tulsa, Ok. So The few quotes that i did get was nice to here that they were charging around 25-35 an hour. And i do like the idea of starting out hourly. Sounds like i would make more money in the early stages of this business.

About the natural products its sad to say but since i have not had but one cleaning job and she did not care what products i used i have not bought my cleaning supplies yet. I thinking about using the clorox new brand or if i am in a pinch go to the whole food store and buy them. And about aromatherapy i am not sure about that. I guess i have not heard about aromatherapy cleaning products or what they are all about. I will have to check into that.

Thanks for all the help and advice! it is always welcomed! Natural Choice Cleaner, Amanda
post #6 of Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I tried the Green Works products. They sucked. I use a variety of products but didn't replenish the Green Works after it was gone.

I do aromatherapy cleaning. Maybe you can visit my site and see what questions you may have? I am happy to help.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #7 of Old 04-13-2008, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
I tried the Green Works products. They sucked. I use a variety of products but didn't replenish the Green Works after it was gone.

I do aromatherapy cleaning. Maybe you can visit my site and see what questions you may have? I am happy to help.

Torrey
Thank you very much. I looked at your web site, very well done. Is the Meyers products the main products you use? Since you are around a large city what are you able to charge and hour or base rate? My husband is so worried that i will do all this hard work and not get the right amount of pay. Sounds like you have been doing cleaning for a while. Is your company large? Do you still have to clean places or just run the business now? Sorry for so many questions, but thanks so much for your help. Amanda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode