New To The Forum - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

New to the forum

Hi to all
I am new to this or any forum, I discovered this while looking at marketing tools I am looking for tips in finding domestic clients, we have set up to advertise in yellow pages but thats not until March 07 when the book is out, we are working on a web page. I wondered if other cleaning companies out their every use their competitors to help them out in times of staffing problems or to manage their work load in busy periods, as this may help new buisness get some money coming in? or is that a crazy idea ? anyone any tips on how I can get clients

Georgia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-15-2006, 07:53 AM

Hey C&T, how long have you been cleaning commercial jobs? Ive gotten several residential jobs from my commercial accounts. The local papers do well and word of mouth has been great over the years. Also get your Name and number on your vehicles.

Regarding working with competitors, hmm, Mr Moms has exchanged clients with another service, we also give each other jobs, say I get a call from a client in the other cleaners area I will give it to them and vice versa. Mind you, we know the other Services owner very well and they are far enough away. We also have an agreement for helpiing each other out if one of us has a crises. I would suggest going the temp service route in times of needed extra help.

Later, JP
post #3 of Old 11-15-2006, 09:19 AM

Welcoem Georgia! I think you've come to the right place to learn everything there is to know about cleaning!

BTW, I hope you don't mind... I moved this to it's own thread so more people would see it.

Enjoy!

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-15-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Hi Mr Moms
Thanks for your comments, we are just about to use the local papers, most of our work has come from word of mouth, which has served us well we only started this year, we wanted to grow slowly in order that we can maintain the standards that we are attempting to deliver to our customers, we need to get our customer list up in order that we can start to expand our!

Regards G&T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoms View Post
Hey C&T, how long have you been cleaning commercial jobs? Ive gotten several residential jobs from my commercial accounts. The local papers do well and word of mouth has been great over the years. Also get your Name and number on your vehicles.

Regarding working with competitors, hmm, Mr Moms has exchanged clients with another service, we also give each other jobs, say I get a call from a client in the other cleaners area I will give it to them and vice versa. Mind you, we know the other Services owner very well and they are far enough away. We also have an agreement for helpiing each other out if one of us has a crises. I would suggest going the temp service route in times of needed extra help.

Later, JP
post #5 of Old 11-15-2006, 03:28 PM

Welcome Georgia

Have you considered a flyering or mailing campaign that would target the areas that you would like to clean in? Door hangers work well.

Too, you can look to find other service industries to start referral exchanges with. For example, I work with several home repair contractors, a painter, a few landscapers and a home designer. Each of them refer clients to my business and I do the same for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode