New to the forum here. I am looking to make cleaning fun! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-27-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

New to the forum here. I am looking to make cleaning fun!

Any suggestions? :-)

A bit of background. I started a project and my wife had to go to work. Since I was home all day, I figure I help around the house by cleaning up. Cleaning is not my forte. Ultimately, I realize it was my attitude around cleaning that was holding me back. I don't mind hard work and I really do appreciate a clean environment.

So I gave myself a challenge (to motivate myself)-can I make cleaning fun? Can I get my kids involved?

Would love to hear some ideas!

Cheers!
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-31-2017, 08:07 PM

Hey, John. Good to see you took the initiative and started something that you weren't really to fond about at first. Hopefully it can grow into a successful business venture for you and your family. I plan on getting my fiancé. daughter and the some of the rest of my family involved in my business as well. Good Luck!!!!
post #3 of Old 08-01-2017, 08:26 AM

Hi Jason,
I like your initiative to do this! More men should.

How to make cleaning fun? For one thing, always consider the pleasant results of this work. Dont most people LIKE having a nice, clean home? I sure do. Imagining how nice it will feel when you're done should help.

Second: make a game out of it. Pretend you are a student in a school for cleaning. As a good student, you want to educate yourself about the subject.And do just that! Read articles about house cleaning, and learn all the tips and tricks to make the work get done more quickly, what works best, etc.

In your situation, imagine how much your wife will appreciate your work. I know I would!

Some people just like cleaning. Others have to be "led" into it. That was me, 3 and a half years ago. I didnt use to care about cleaning, but after a major illness and surgery, I noticed how grubby my home had become. I started cleaning. At first I did a horrible job of it, because I didnt know what I was doing. But over time, I figured out how to make it go well, and THEN I started to enjoy cleaning. Now, I really love my work, and it is what I do to earn a living. I could still be working as an RN, but in my state, nurses don t make much more than what I make cleaning. And nurses are treated poorly. Who needs that?

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing.
Annie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode