New Girl - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-08-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Wink New Girl

Hi, I am from Scotland but I am in the process of re locatting to Arizona. My family live there (father is American/Scottish)

So I took the plunge and bought a Maid Service Franchise. It does not start until Sept 2006 but I need to spend more time researching as I am in cold !! Scotland and feel a little detached.

Can anyone help me, the main thing is costing ?? I have a rough idea but not sure what competitors charge ?

It's great to be part of your group and look forward to talking to you all.

Take care Lisa xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-08-2006, 02:13 PM

Great to have you here Lisa. Welcome to the site and I hope you can get help with all your questions. A lot of good knowledge here on this site.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #3 of Old 07-08-2006, 02:32 PM

Welcome to the site.

What prompted you to buy a franchise vs. going out on your own.I know they have great marketing campaigns,but they also get a percentage of the money you earn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-08-2006, 02:36 PM

Welcome to the site!
post #5 of Old 07-08-2006, 03:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
post #6 of Old 07-08-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Hi, I am from Scotland but I am in the process of re locatting to Arizona. My family live there (father is American/Scottish)

So I took the plunge and bought a Maid Service Franchise. It does not start until Sept 2006 but I need to spend more time researching as I am in cold !! Scotland and feel a little detached.

Can anyone help me, the main thing is costing ?? I have a rough idea but not sure what competitors charge ?

It's great to be part of your group and look forward to talking to you all.

Take care Lisa xx
Welcome, and congrats on the new business endeavor!!!
post #7 of Old 07-08-2006, 11:16 PM

ScottKavorkian,

....waaaaay better chance of success. Something like 44% of franchisees succeed (possibly more)......and we all know the numbers for self-emp. success, around 5%.

Congrats on your purchase Lass. Not sure what franchise you bought, but many of them are quite successful. My bro owned a cleaning biz for a while, and did quite well. He mainly serviced high-end, extremely detailed cleanings. I am sure he could give you a scope on prices, should you need it.
post #8 of Old 07-09-2006, 09:31 AM

Franchises offer support. Your best bet is to use it. They will have general market rates for your demographic. Welcome to the board.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #9 of Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 AM

Jon & Ken,
I understand the support thing and percentage of success,but I have heard nightmarish stories about some of the cleaning franchises that weren't there to help the franchisee and it endd up cost these people the businesses and most anything they ever owned.
I think we all can agree that some franchises aren't what they pretend to be and others exceed what they should be by miles.
post #10 of Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 AM

I definitely agree Scott. Hopefully Lisa has done her homework and purchased a higher rated franchise. An interior cleaning franchise is something I would approach warily. The only ones that would be worth anything are ones with superior name recognition (Merry Maids etc) and even then one has to visit varous franchise reporting sites and message boards to read about personal experience with the franchise corporate.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #11 of Old 07-09-2006, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Thank you

Guys

Thank you for the advice regarding the franchise side of things. To be honest I agree that going alone may be a better option as far as royalities are concerned but it is the only way I would obtain a Investment visa through the American Consulate.

I have done a good bit of research but could still do with a little more leading up to the move. I just can't wait to get started now !!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend x
post #12 of Old 07-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Welcome to Arizona Lisa. I have lived here since I retired a couple of years ago. Does your franchise require you to buy and use their cleaning products and equiptment. Some do and I would be a little warey of the prices they charge. Are you considering marketing yourself as a "green cleaning company". Can open a lot of doors and is an ever growing nitch in all markets.
Randy
post #13 of Old 07-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Welcome to Arizona Lisa. I have lived here since I retired a couple of years ago. Does your franchise require you to buy and use their cleaning products and equiptment. Some do and I would be a little warey of the prices they charge. Are you considering marketing yourself as a "green cleaning company". Can open a lot of doors and is an ever growing nitch in all markets.
Randy
post #14 of Old 07-09-2006, 07:12 PM

Welcome to the site. Wish you all the luck with your business!!!
post #15 of Old 07-10-2006, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Hi

Thanks for the Green info, I must look into it. I hope so as it is very important.

I love AZ and can not wait to get back over. What part do you live in ?

My parents live in Mesa..
post #16 of Old 07-16-2006, 12:07 AM

jimbo

hi im a sydney cleaner this is my first time
post #17 of Old 07-16-2006, 07:59 AM

any one from sydney
post #18 of Old 07-24-2006, 08:24 AM

Lisa,
I am in Mesa.
Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode