new and saying hello - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

New Here. Saying hello :)

Hello Everyone.

This site is an absolutely great resource and has everything i was looking for.

My name is David and I am starting up my own cleaning business. I worked with a friend of mine cleaning Dunkin Donuts' for a while and now i decided to go solo. I have allready obtained a business certificate and business bank account under Extreme Clean Team, commercial and residential. I also have 1000 business cards printed out and ready to go.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips/pointers and lead me in the right direction on how to proceed.

I dont have a van yet so i will be transporting all my equipment in my personal sports car. I am in the process of putting up adds with the yellow book/yellowpages as well as craigslist. I was wondering what kind of cleaning solutions should be used and where are the best places to get them from while starting up. I am also looking at purchasing the proteam backpack vaccum, except dont know which one is the better one.

Another thing that i am looking to find is what kind of forms/templates i need to get and where to get them. I dont have experience in running a business so its a little difficult for me.

My main goal is to acquire commercial contracts, especially ones where you go in and clean at night.

Anyway, any tips/feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am going to go through the forums now and check back here later.

Nice to see you all,
David
Extreme Clean Team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-11-2007, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

new and allready posting in the wrong section, if any mods read this, if you could put move this post to the introduction section, much appreciated, thanks
post #3 of Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 AM

Welcome David, I have moved your thread into the introduction forum as requested.

Great company name

In regards to cleaning solutions, I suggest that you seek out your local janitorial supply stores and ask what they use. Your local suppliers are a wealth of information and a valuable asset.

Proteam has great backpack vacuums, however there are others in the market that work equally as well while not costing as much.

In terms of forms and templates, you can find many of those for free online. If you have an idea of what you need please let us know and we can often help you out with samples.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-13-2007, 02:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
post #5 of Old 09-13-2007, 02:41 PM

Welcome David. Where are you located as this may help someone steer you in the right direction for alot of your purchases. T. is right about the templates and forms. There's hundreds of them out there floating around on the net that you can download and gear towards your own business. Good luck with the yellow pages as I hear mixed feelings going with them but perhaps in your field of business it might be a good thing.
Good luck to you and have a good one. Mark
post #6 of Old 09-13-2007, 03:09 PM

Hey David welcome to the site.
post #7 of Old 09-17-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome. I am located in Salem, MA and I'm in the process of establishing clientel in the North shore area which consists mostly of all the cities north east of Boston.
post #8 of Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Welcome and good luck

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode