Newbie Here.. Needs advice to start biz - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-12-2008, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Newbie Here.. Needs advice to start biz

Hello Everyone,
I just joined the forum. I just graduated from College this March with Bachelors in Business and cannot seem to find a job to save my life!!!. My student loans are over $80K and due SOON . I have very limited funds and I need some help and advice with this business. I am torn between residential and commerical.

1. What area ( res. or commercial) do you think is "faster"" to break into.???
2. Also I was thinking of specializing as a Green cleaning service. can you recommend any great products that would work well. If you think otherwise... please inform me.
3. Is this a "good" biz to start during a recession???
4. I would LOVE marketing tips/ tactics from all you seasoned pros so that I can be more successful.

I would love to be encouraged.. how quickly did you all get your first client (res or comercial) when you first started. BTW: I live in Texas.
Thanks for your replies. Have a great day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-14-2008, 03:20 PM

I would suggest getting into commercial cleaning. My experience is that you can command a higher price. You can also get a lot of business from just one client. (Some offices get cleaned daily.) I haven't offered the green products, and I don't feel like I have ever lost any business because of it. I think it is a good idea to try it though. Good Luck!

The Book That Launched My Cleaning Business http://starting-an-office-cleaning-c....blogspot.com/
post #3 of Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I truly appreciate the insight. If you have more to share, please do!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-15-2008, 07:39 PM

Notoriously during times of recession there is a HUGE increase of persons entering into self employment fields such as cleaning, thus your competition is going to be even more to have to deal with than at any other time and pricing can get cut throat to say the least. Not to say that you cannot succeed, just to warn you that the path is going to be rougher to traverse. Right now consumers are tightening their belts and closing their pocketbooks. If not careful many small businesses will fold if they are not prepared.

Just my 2 Cents worth .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode