Newbie needs help with bedbug cleaning! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-12-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Newbie needs help with bedbug cleaning!

Hello all
My name is Christina
I've been doing residential and commercial cleaning for about 10 years. My husband and his family own a Subcontracting business and 5 rooming houses. I've seen and done a lot. Post eviction and foreclosure cleanings where the former owner/tenants trash and destroy the house, hoarder cleanouts, roaches, and so forth. Fortunately I've never had to deal with bedbugs. Until now......A friend of the family, single mom with 3 boys under 12. 2 bedroom apartment. Yes all 3 boys in 1 bedroom. She needs to the house clean and organized in order for the exterminator to come. I had her send me a few pictures and it's not as bad as I had visualized, however the boy's room has wall-to-wall clothes, toys and everything else imaginable on the floor. The house also has wall-to-wall carpet except for obviously the kitchen and the bathroom. I have no problem at all cleaning the home to help her out but my biggest fear is bringing the bugs home. She is on a very tight budget so my idea of going to Home Depot and buying a Tyvek suit and shoe covers and what not really isn't a feasible option or I'm going to end up cleaning this house for free. Im already cutting her a huge deal, not to mention it's a 45 min commute 1 way. I'm only doing it as it's a favor to family. I've already explained to her that I cannot, and will not bring any of my supplies or equipment in the house and gave her a list of what I need. I've already planned on coming home and changing my clothes literally in the backyard and throwing them out. But because the house has so many piles of clothes in the living room, the bedrooms and general clutter and whatnot I really need some tips on how to get this done quickly and hopefully without any disasters happening! Thank y'all so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode