Rotovac or bonnet cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-03-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Rotovac or bonnet cleaning

Hi everyone, Thinking about jumping in. I have really thought about the Rotovac start-up package. Then I heard about bonnet cleaners. I have the money for the Rotovac but the bonnet cleaning is cheaper. Can a few of you give me your opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM

I was and stiil am a HUGE Rotovac guy.... but we had changed to bonnet cleaning because with the chemical we used it worked great. The only problem is.... what chemical will you use with bonnet cleaning?
post #3 of Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 PM

I would never offer bonnet cleaning as my "only" method of cleaning, afterall, HWE is the approved method of cleaning by shaw and the like.

I would get the RV with a good porty if you can't afford a tm right now. A mytee M5 with the RV360i will set you apart from a lot of cleaners already.

You can add bonnet cleaning later, but I wouldn't start with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

what chemical do you use with the bonnet? And does it deep clean?
post #5 of Old 05-04-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I am 48, so I better plan on living to 98 so I can do this for 40yrs.
post #6 of Old 05-04-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schawthorne View Post
what chemical do you use with the bonnet? And does it deep clean?
In all honesty, there's no way for bonnet cleaning to "really" get a deep cleaning done. HOWEVER, it can definitely be used as an excellent interim cleaning method. For example, cleaning a home/commercial property via HWE the first time around, then maintaining it in quarterly intervals with bonnet cleaning(encap). Specially for olefin or CGD.

IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by schawthorne View Post
Thanks, I am 48, so I better plan on living to 98 so I can do this for 40yrs.
I'd hope that's not your real intentions?!?, at 48, I would rearrange your business plan to be out there 4-6yrs tops, while you structure your company so that you may walk away from it at some point and still earn $.

GL!
post #7 of Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

No I don't really want to work another 40yrs, already have worked 30. But I got laid off(1st time I left a job under terms that were not mine). The type of work i did is slowly leaving the country. If I can do this "new" business well for 20 yrs I'd be happy.
post #8 of Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM

I agree that you shouldn't offer only bonnet cleaning. Not because of the cleaning itself but because it is a harder sell. I've always ran carpet cleaning as my add-on to my residential cleaning business. I had no problem at all selling anything I do to our customers but when it comes to people who don't know our quality, it's not as easy. Not saying it's hard, just saying I was used to talking and people agreeing. But with the bonnet cleaning, I had to push it.

As far as bonnet cleaning vs hwe or anything else.... it's really not about what system you use it's about what chemical you use. There is 1 chemical that actually will clean a carpet and that is Procyon. All other chemicals I've researched only leave behind suffectants that attract more dirt. That means if you use a bonnet or hwe or what ever other system you use, if you aren't using Procyon, the carpet looks clean for a lil bit, but it's not. But with that being said.... you have to be smarter than the Procyon and those people are few and far between. That's why I don't let the guy that works for me clean the carpets if we have to clean them.... he is not smarter than the Procyon. Now I personally don't care what you use... I'm just stating the facts. I'm not here to get in a pissing match with anyone... I'm just stating the facts. I know people think this chemical and that chemical is great... and it probably is.... but it attracts dirt because you can not get it all out of the carpet... that's all proven fact. But the bottom line is... research it all and what ever you choose to go with, make it out to be the best thing since sliced bread. Since we try not to clean carpet any longer I refer other carpet cleaners all the time. We do clean some customers carpet.... very few because that means I gotta be on site to make sure it is done 100% right.

The difference.... a house with 5 adults and 2 kids that we cleaned over 30 months ago with bonnet & Procyon still has clean carpet. The stairs still look great!!

3 houses that we have never cleaned the carpet at because we try to not clean carpet any longer... 1 has had her carpet cleaned 2 times within 2 years and it is filthy and looks very worn. They have 2 adults and 1 baby under 6 months. 1 has her carpet cleaned every 6 months and it is kinda dirty. They have 2 adults and 1 child under 1 year old. The other has had it cleaned 3x and it looks like a disaster zone. They have 2 adults and 1 teen.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 05-04-2011 at 09:41 PM.
post #9 of Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 AM

Procyon can be used as an encap, and encapping 'doesn't' clean anything.

Either way, instead of "selling" your .... first off, eliminate the frame of mind & the word "sell" from your vocabulary. It already has negative annotations to it, and your clients or prospects will be more willing to spend their money with you if you're the 'HELPER', focus on helping them and they will be more than willing to buy anything you offer.

Ok, back to where I was, stop trying to 'sell' the method and instead, market the quality of service you can provide. Let your clients know that you can offer all approved methods of cleaning and you as the consultant will provide the method you feel will keep their carpets the cleanest, the longest.
post #10 of Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 AM
J4K

Encap does not clean anything???
post #11 of Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 PM

yeah if it ain't cleanin anything then whats all that crap on the bonnet
post #12 of Old 07-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Bonnet Cleaning

We offer clean carpets period. I have been bonnet cleaning for a few years and our customers love it. We never advertise its all word of mouth. And we are running 8 to 12 hour days 6 days a week. With the proper chems there is nothing we cant clean. HWE has its areas it excells but it also has many limitations. We have both, i have not used HWE for a couple of years now. It took me a long time to make a full switch but im glad we did. Pick your method and master it. Just my pennies worth
post #13 of Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 PM

thanks opclean

i see lots of fights on othr boards on this topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode